2010 xp bogging/missing intermittently ???

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is acting weird and I need any advice. It runs great then between pulls (load) it drops rpm down to around 6-7 almost like its missing and bogging out, then i putt around and it clears up and runs perfect 8200 and holds it. I brought it to local dealer to check it out and theres no fault codes, raves working perfect. sled has 2200kms and has only run premium fuel and doo synthetic. Sledding buds suggested temp sensor/knock sensor and computer issues so Im pretty lost on this. I changed out plugs they looked fine and then had on good pull and back to floundering, let it cool right down get a good pull then back to crap. :( It seems to be happening most going uphill but occasionally while sidehilling. I know this sounds vague but any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated as theres some epic spring riding to be had.. Thankx

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like clutching to me. My 08 was doing exact same thing this weekend. Was prob close to 1000km ago when my primary was last done, im sure some rollers are shot.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shouldnt be blowing rollers that often. if your wearing out rollers sooner than 3500km id be looking at crank runout or primary bushings.

10-4, gonna have our mechanic check it. Ill report back with findings.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have an o8 right?

have you replaced the spring cup?

was an updated part.

Ya its an 08. Spring cup was busted apart and replaced last time primary was in earlier this season.
When that was problem I lost a LOT of rpm lol

Last edited:

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankx, I checked running with and without carb heaters, different tether, plugs, and it sure sounds and feels like electrical/sensor issue. I am off to dealership shop again this morning and will check compression,drain floats, probably change out the crappy doo plug wires. I'll also see if I can pull the clutches and inspect/clean them. I do run it pretty hard and blow out the primary often with air, but havent had it apart yet so Im sure its time also. Thanks for the tips, this is driving me bonkers with all the fresh snow up top.............

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I was back in the shop this morning and we pulled the primary and other than a good cleaning it had light wear not requiring parts yet. We checked compression 125. re-checked for any fault codes - nothing. We checked all hoses and connections everything seemed good, even unplugged cleaned ecm connection. Then we decided to pull the carbs and drain float bowls for the heck of it and no signs of any water or grit, while doing that we saw the fuel pump was siphoning out fuel constantly, my mechanic figures a diaphragm in the fuel pump is peckered, so now waiting on a fuel pump. Im not positive this is the issue as Ive never had a fuel pump problem with any sled and know little about them. I'll know more after testing it out on wednesday. Keep any other tips coming, thanks again

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the fuel pump doesnt fix it, and you want to try a coolant temp sensor I have an extra one you are welcome to use. No sense buying one if you dont know for sure if you need it. I already made that mistake. Hence having a spare CTS. :d

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Deaner much appreciated, I'll have to see how the fuel pump issue works,it should be here wednesday morning, though it sure seems like a electrical issue to me too. :( electrical and I are not friends and dont want to be buying and changing out stuff I dont need if I can avoid it, I only have engine warranty so I hope we figure this out soon. Cheers J

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to look at the reeds. Mr. R's in Lethbridge had Ferniesnow's sled in with similar symptoms and it turned out to be the reeds. Apparently Brp has admitted that they may have some reed blocks where the rubber moulding that holds them together can crack or delaminate causing a problem similar to this. I believe it is worth looking at. It can cause a miss and pull down of rpm under load. Good luck!:beer::beer:

East cat

Reaction score
Did you ever found out what was the problem ? Having the same issues right now with mine , sitting at the dealers , they have no clues.....

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there, yes it was the dpm solenoid that wasnt fun trying to figure out for sure, lots a trips up the mountain then back to shop as it would be intermittent and of course seemed to run great at the shop then would screw around on hard pulls, hope this helps you out

Top Bottom