2010 rmk 800 voltage regulator issue!!

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, now it has happened to me too.
I read about it enough should have expected it.
Flashing dash lights,engine service light,barely idling.
Voltage regulator or ECU I guess?
Does anyone know if this is full warranty?
2010 D8 Come on Polaris is this really going to happen to every sled out there.

powder hound 2

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Rmk that has done the same thing twice, I've had the Vr replaced, the stator, Capacitator, ECU. The replacements have been with updated versions but there is something else going on. Polaris needs to step up and claim responsibility and build a motor that will last! If it's not crank problems its electrical. I ve been pro-polaris my entire life. Now I m thinking Skidoo is sounding pretty good.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Well, I don't understand.:confused: I paid $50.00, and you say nothing.:p Maybe RMK or Dragon. Is made for BC Mountains. So buyer's from BC don't pay, and flatlanders pay Deductable. I guess i should have bought a Switchback model for SK., mine would have been FREE of Charge Also.:d

RMKEITH

Reaction score
Mine just went on my 2009 Dragon with 1300km. I think it took out the ECM also cause it would not run at all after all the lights went out. Waiting to hear back what the damage is. So disappointing.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine went out last year. I was looking a where they have it mounted to and it is rubber mounted so there is no path back to ground! I added a ground strap back to the chassis and has been good so far.

Razors Edge

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to my 09 RMK 800,,, VR went high voltage and need to replace ECU. 1100 miles on Sled.. Polaris in Saskatoon are saying sucks to be you.... NICE
I also have another 8 sleds 90% are Polaris,, hmm makes me strongly think of changing colors now...

:mad::nono:

Reaction score
just sent my 2010 assault to the shop for all the same reasons dealer called me this afternoon and for some reason they are on back order from polaris kinda fishy but forgot to ask if it is warranty or not anyone know that

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will back them that they are on backorder. i tried to order a couple more for stock today and they were backordered until february 8th. there should be no reason that a 2010 would not be covered by warranty.

Hammer800

Reaction score
Hey OnlyPolaris!
How many 2010 800 Engine failures have you seen at your shop compared to the 08 and 09 sleds? Also can you tell how many engine failures across prairies by warranty claims?
Just curious as it seems like there is less total engine failures on the 2010 but maybe more electical/regulator failures instead.:dontknow:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey OnlyPolaris!
How many 2010 800 Engine failures have you seen at your shop compared to the 08 and 09 sleds? Also can you tell how many engine failures across prairies by warranty claims?
Just curious as it seems like there is less total engine failures on the 2010 but maybe more electical/regulator failures instead.:dontknow:

This year we have seen 3 2010 sleds with down motors. one had 1200 miles, one had 500 and one has 150. The one with 150 was due to the tps being out of whack and leaning out one cylinder. have seen 2 08 sleds and 3 09 sleds. we have had 3 2010's with voltage regulator failures. one had 10 miles on it and the other 2 had around 100. also has 1 07 with a voltage regulator that also took out the ecu. I have no way of seeing any of the other failures from other dealers.

Reaction score
ive got an 2010 dragon no VR issues as of 1500 miles but i know a guy who has one identical and he put 9 miles on it and it went out... same story dash lights quit then the headlights and low on power and then it would quit... i was told that they go out cause they overheat. ive heard of a few guys cut holes in their hoods for ventilation but i just bought an updated one and put it in my avy bag so ive got it when i need it.:beer:

RMKEITH

Reaction score
Well, Polaris will not cover my vr or ECM on my 09. They said they will only cover up to 12 months past 12 months factory warranty, even though I had the two year engine warrenty option. $750 repair bill. Time to move on.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Polaris will not cover my vr or ECM on my 09. They said they will only cover up to 12 months past 12 months factory warranty, even though I had the two year engine warrenty option. $750 repair bill. Time to move on.

well the voltage regulator and ecm have nothing to do with the engine. the good will warranty will only cover for 1 year past the ORIGINAL warranty.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the voltage regulator and ecm have nothing to do with the engine. the good will warranty will only cover for 1 year past the ORIGINAL warranty.

So is that past the POLARIS warranty or the total warranty term?

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:i have 780 miles on my 2010 rmk and havnt had any issues yet, but worried about it so i went and bought the updated VR (part # 4012930) and they said "when" which i thought was funny they didnt even say "IF" my stock VR goes I can put the new one on myself in the bush or wherever i am and bring the old on back and they will cover it:beer:

Top Bottom