2010 M8 Silencer

Stantheman

Reaction score
Considering buying a silencer to drop some of that weight. Trying to decide between a Super Q silencer from SPG and a MBRP can. I've read good things about the Super Q and I have used MBRP on other sleds before. Opinions on either would be nice. Looking for a supplier if anyone knows a reliable supplier.

Thanks

woodym7

Reaction score
seems that everyone i talk to is running mbrp...mine is on order through terry at tt powersports hes on here

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a mbrp race can and i love it ....Its quite loud tho and as cans get older the packing wears out so a can will only get louder. Im not a fan of the super q tho. The jaws is STUPID loud, the mbrp is in the middle, and slp is almost as quiet as stock at idle but opens up a bit at high rpms but is still way to quiet for me .......SlP is the old man can out of the bunch.:d:d

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering buying a silencer to drop some of that weight. Trying to decide between a Super Q silencer from SPG and a MBRP can. I've read good things about the Super Q and I have used MBRP on other sleds before. Opinions on either would be nice. Looking for a supplier if anyone knows a reliable supplier.

Thanks

I got a take off mbrp can that i am going to sell same as new might be 600 miles on it..

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

If your looking for a Super~Q try Altitude Performance vendor on this site has 2008-2010-11 M8 Can's in stock Calgary!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP sounds great on the 2010's. Considerably different than older M8's and 7's. It gets pretty loud though after some miles. I have about 900 on mine and I think I'm quite a bit more deaf on the right side :d. Probably reppin' the earplugs this season.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an MBRP and replaced it with an SLP the quality was much better the fit was much better it did not leak at the flange and it sounds great. My 2 cents.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another option is D&D. I like the sound nice a deep without the twang sound of the others:rolleyes: I like a good crack sound not a pop and fart noise

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the MBRP can sounds good, works good, not sure if it gives it anymore power, the suit case came off before it left the dealer. Here's a video on how it sounds.YouTube - M4H00061.MP4

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the D&D can with my 2010 m8 ,loved the sound and even seemed to make a slight more power right until the weld let go on the exhaust outlet. Covered by warranty but still a pain in the ass.

polaris fan

Reaction score
i have a 2006 m7 and it has a slp can and it is way to quiet i loved my sno-stuff can on my polaris any ideas what sounds good on a 06 m7?

Evil Revo

Reaction score
I had an MBRP and replaced it with an SLP the quality was much better the fit was much better it did not leak at the flange and it sounds great. My 2 cents.

I bought the D&D can with my 2010 m8 ,loved the sound and even seemed to make a slight more power right until the weld let go on the exhaust outlet. Covered by warranty but still a pain in the ass.

SLP is always quality. Definitely not the loudest can. Which in my opinion is a good thing.
Unless you want your sled to sound like a chainsaw. :beer:

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've had an eye on this thread and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Jaws Can. I grabbed a used one in the spring and haven't tried it yet. Was there a reason he was selling?? Maybe I should toss the suitcase if the truck for the first ride?

Top Bottom