2010 M8 Hard to put on its side. Suspension set up?

Camcodysdad

Reaction score
2010 M8 163". Fox floats in the front. Fox float on the front skid and a exit shock on the rear of the skid. Floats are at 70psi in the front. Skis and set too the inside as well. I'm 180lbs and 5'8. I rode a m7 prior and don't remember it being as difficult to put it on side. Any suggestions? Too much air pressure in the front and rear shocks? Not too sure how to set up the rear suspension with the float and "exit" shock too.
Thx in advance appreciate it

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine on 70 psi and don't find mine difficult at all. Ran my rear shock in the skid at about 130 psi and can't remember what I did with the front shock in the skid. I came off an M7 prior to my 10 and I found it easier to get the 10 on it's side than the M7 was. Not sure what to tell ya. Something bent somewhere maybe...I am 5'10 and 150 lbs...

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Mine is a 08 M8 162. I find if the rear shock is too stiff its hard to get over. I run it at 100-120 psi unweighted. Front rear shock i leave it on the bottom third of the coil over threads. The fronts i have coil over Fox but i leave them just soft enough i dont bottom out on average whoops. Any stiffer its hard to get over. Softer up front makes it easier to get over. To soft and its tippy on trail corners.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Camcodysdad

Reaction score
Excellent advice. Thx again. What about handle bar height? My m8 has the telescopic steering and not sure where the happy medium should be

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent advice. Thx again. What about handle bar height? My m8 has the telescopic steering and not sure where the happy medium should be
Handlebar height comes down to personal preference. Experiment to find where you like em is probably the only way to go....Good luck..

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sitting on solid ground try pulling it over and watch your shocks a buddy thought the same thing about his 11 so I was watching him and when he tried to lay it over it looked like the shocks hung up and wouldn't compress ... he has since had then rebuilt and re valved and says it feels way better

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
leaning to right is always harder due to clutch weight on the left side of the sled and spinning momentum when riding. i dont jump much so i set my right shock at 40-50. helps getting the machine over to the right. can drop pressure on the left one to help with left turns, but it tends to start sagging.

Top Bottom