2010 M8 enigne/reverse problem ..HELP?

Gotsmoke

Reaction score
hey i got a 2010 m8 limited 153, and i am so confused at what my sled is doing.
i can not find any info anywhere on the web about this issue!
i rode all day last sunday and my sled ran great when we got to the trailer at the end of the day we shut our machines off took our gear off and our sleds sat for maybe 10-15 minutes, so i started mine to load it up like usual and it would go in and out of reverse randomly every couple seconds. if i gave it throttle it would start to die once the clutch engaged. it died a few times going up the trailer but i finally got it in, i unplugged my ecu cables thinking it would reset it or something when i got home and the same thing happend when i was unloading it.. please help me get back on the mountains ! thanks

oh all the sled has done to it is a slp can, other then that its all stock.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I thought I was the only person had that problem. But mine was on a 07 RMK 600. I hate to say this but they never did find out what was causing the problem. I would try dielectric grease on all the connections. Make sure the reverse button is not stuck in or froze up. Good luck!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine act up a while ago I found the problem to be in the headlight harness it was shorting out due to being improperly routed and touching the pipe. I don't know if this will help but its a start.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a buddy had this happen to him as well ... not going to lie it was funny as fawk to watch him go over the bars after he started his sled and nutted it but long story short we met a guy on the hill who rode for cat and he said up plug the back up beeper ... as strange as it sound it fixed it ... give that a try

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unplug all the handle bar switches see if it still does it. If it fixes it, get a new revers switch.
My 2013 did this on the second ride and I had to disconnect everything just to get it back to the truck. switch was changed out and its been good for 900 km since.
Also it is the same switch on the 2010

Top Bottom