2010 ford F-150 clutch packs..

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have/had issues with the clutch packs in their in the 2010, heard Ford knows they have issues but not doing anything except replacing them under existing warranty when they fail. Seems to be a 30-40,000km life on them..?

theseeker

Reaction score
I have a 2011 and have done the clutch packs on the rear end once under warranty. At about 100k they started to go again, I was going to put a auburn or trutrac into it but my mechanic suggested just changing oil and adding a friction modifier and it has been running ever since so far about 40k. Im just going to run it until it locks up and deal with it then.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through 2 clutch packs on my '06 F150, did the same thing, when it started making noise on the second set, I dumped the fish oil in and it bought me some more time. My brother in laws '10 had the clutch packs go on it too. They've had issues with this for quite a while it seems

Sent from my iPad

Feeze

Reaction score
Anyone have/had issues with the clutch packs in their in the 2010, heard Ford knows they have issues but not doing anything except replacing them under existing warranty when they fail. Seems to be a 30-40,000km life on them..?
2010 SCREW 140k developed the shudder on low acceleration and just before a complete stop.
2010 SCREW 140k developed the shudder on low acceleration and just before a complete stop.
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My local dealer performed the attached TSB and the problem is completely gone.[/FONT]http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pu...sb12-07-13.pdf

Check this out also Slight vibration on take-off - Page 17 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Top Bottom