2010 dragon Dash Cluster gone Blank.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
My cluster went blank today.:mad: And fouls plugs when got in wide open on Mag side. Change plug and gose like a dam again. But know dash at all. Any info would be awsome. Is there a fuse for the dash or a relay.:confused:

tiberius71

Reaction score
Check your voltage regulator. Probably is failing and screwed up your ecu and your cluster. Polaris is covering this problem under goodwill warranty if your factory warranty is expired. Make sure your dealer checks your pistons and cylinders because you probably have already done some damage there. Polaris has an updated voltage regulator to fix this problem.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cluster went blank today.:mad: And fouls plugs when got in wide open on Mag side. Change plug and gose like a dam again. But know dash at all. Any info would be awsome. Is there a fuse for the dash or a relay.:confused:

Same thing happened to my wifes 2010 700 RMK. Voltage regulator and ECU went on our first ride. Took the sled back to the dealer and they replaced them. No issues after the new ones were installed.

f250highboy1976

Reaction score
had this happen to my 2010 dragon 800 (638 miles) on thursday, sled would be fine for awhile then the display would go followed by the headlight, then would die completely, let it cool off and you could ride another mile then all over again, the longer you let it sit the longer it would run. took it to the dealer yesterday and they changed the voltage regulator. they said that the company they were using to make them changed (prob so they could save 1 cent per regulator) but they have a different supplier now so hopefully it will fix the problem they also said if you run it too long it can damage the ecm in the process. havent taken it back out to verify the repair yet but will next weekend and report back :mad:

coloradoRider

Reaction score
had this happen to my 2010 dragon 800 (638 miles) on thursday, sled would be fine for awhile then the display would go followed by the headlight, then would die completely, let it cool off and you could ride another mile then all over again, the longer you let it sit the longer it would run. took it to the dealer yesterday and they changed the voltage regulator. they said that the company they were using to make them changed (prob so they could save 1 cent per regulator) but they have a different supplier now so hopefully it will fix the problem they also said if you run it too long it can damage the ecm in the process. havent taken it back out to verify the repair yet but will next weekend and report back :mad:

For the record I've had the same PROBLEM

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately I don't think we do. I don't think the parts guys have ordered one of the updated ones for stock yet.

My 09 D8 has been running flawlessly since new and the 2010 engine update etc. my concern is any type of electrical issues in the backcountry.
Is it a good idea to switch out this perfectly good V. Reg. for the updated one. Is it a specific part # ?

BC_Logger

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 2009 dragon lucky it didn't take out my ECU

didn't know it could do damage to the piston or jugs

hilinerider

Reaction score
buddys had this happen, bad wire under the airbox, routed so the air box f'd the harness, go thru and check , idiots thats routed the wires on these sleds

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 D8 has been running flawlessly since new and the 2010 engine update etc. my concern is any type of electrical issues in the backcountry.
Is it a good idea to switch out this perfectly good V. Reg. for the updated one. Is it a specific part # ?

Its hard to say at this point because the new ones haven't been out for very long. So who knows if they are that much better.

We ended up having a regulator in stock. switched it out, reflashed the sled and it was good to go.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Took in into Boundary Rv in Lloydminster on Dec 28. New voltage Regulator. Next day back in Revy and never missed a beat. Thanks to Only Polaris for having one in stock and having his Mechanics putting it in right away. Cost was $50.00, not right for faulity part with only 250miles on sled.:( But still happy for the crew at Boundary RV for getting me going.:d And Christmas ride was not a total right off.:cool:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took in into Boundary Rv in Lloydminster on Dec 28. New voltage Regulator. Next day back in Revy and never missed a beat. Thanks to Only Polaris for having one in stock and having his Mechanics putting it in right away. Cost was $50.00, not right for faulity part with only 250miles on sled.:( But still happy for the crew at Boundary RV for getting me going.:d And Christmas ride was not a total right off.:cool:

That $50.00 was just for my pocket. It had nothing to do with faulty parts. lol. But seriously it does suck that you got to pay a deductable to have faulty parts replaced.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Well it was still cheaper than the total cost of the part and labour with reflash for the computer.:d Its all good, i was a luckey one still got to drive it out wothout a cost of a chopper flight to getter out.:eek:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just happened to me yesterday, what a hassle.
And the 50 bucks is going to piss me off.
Come on Polaris buck up for your mistakes.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just happened to me yesterday, what a hassle.
And the 50 bucks is going to piss me off.
Come on Polaris buck up for your mistakes.

they are bucking up. They extended the warranty on the voltage regulators 1 year. they could have said screw you and then you would have to pay the full $160.00 to replace it.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right they did " buck up "
Just picked my sled up, no charge.
Full warranty
Onlypolaris thanks for the info, it's good to have a guy like you on S&M
I have read your words of wisdom before!

Top Bottom