2010 Dragon 800, no flashes. But 3 lights????

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well...... got home about an hour ago, from Rhodesie's place in Medicne Hat. He works for Bruce's RV and Polaris there, and I HIGHLY recommend anyone there!!!

Got the sled unloaded into his garage Sat morning, Trevor hooked up the digital wrench to the new ECU and nothing....................
He set his perameters, and fired up the sled. Nothing new???????? TPS is perfect, motor has never detonated, everything is running 100% the way it should be. Next, hook up the old ECU, and other than showing that the VR has failed. Identical readings to the new ECU :confused:
There was no snow there to take it for a ride, so we tried to simulate a failure of lights. But of course Murphy's law came into play :rant:

Well......... lets have a :beer: and think about this?????????

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still no other guess's eh???

After having a beer and standing around and shootin the chit. Trevor is on the right side of the sled, and notice's that there is no free play in my throttle. Also notice's that I took my lefty throttle off, but left the lefty bolt in ( I took the lefty off over a year ago ). Sooooo......... He thinks for a quick second, checks the end play on his sleds. Tries to adjust the cable on mine, and then goes to his tool box and grabs a factory pin. Put's the new pin in, and fires up the sled. The self check lights come on the dash, I say WTF is that. He says that should happen everytime it starts. I haven't seen those lights for over a year!!!
We try again to simulate a failure, but again nothing happens. But the idle has now again became solid, instead of fluctuating(sp) a bit a start up. I am very confident that Trevor has cured the Iguana, and I'll be taking it for a quick rip tomorrow night to confirm.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The lefty bolt in my hand and a factory pin in the sled.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361325454.860672.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361325473.655276.jpg

Sent by Crapatalk, till I get a new laptop.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No.... The shank of the bolt is slightly larger than the pin, there fore not allowing any free play in the throttle. Trev noticed that once he has both in his hand.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well looks like you may have found the problem, now pin er. hehe, sure a head scratcher trashy.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A day late, and a dollar short.......

Just got back from a quick little ride from the house, and nothing :D
Everything is back to being perfect!!! And all because of a larger diameter bolt than the stock pin!!!

:beer: :beer: :D

Top Bottom