2010 Boondockers M8

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a used RTR edition M8. Looking for info on whether or not there is a BOV on this kit? Its is a Race gas set up, Guy I purchased from said Boondockers uses a BOV built into there turbo. true? Any info on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rtr were usually a pump gas kit. The biggest tell tale will be if there's a big intercooler sitting in front of your throttle bodies if there isn't it's not a race gas kit unless it was deleted because the air to air was just a heat sink after one good pull. What kind of boost did he say he was running, fuel ect?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rtr were usually a pump gas kit. The biggest tell tale will be if there's a big intercooler sitting in front of your throttle bodies if there isn't it's not a race gas kit unless it was deleted because the air to air was just a heat sink after one good pull. What kind of boost did he say he was running, fuel ect?
It is one of 4 RTR kits that Boondockers did (2 in USA & 2 in canada). Has the big air to air Intercooler with fan, extra injectors, external fuel pump. guy previous to me was running 100% AV gas. New to Boondockers electronic boost controller, It reads in % of waste gate, not PSI (unless I am mistaken).

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have had it out for a couple rides, running 100% av gas, i cant run it above 20 (4-5psi) on the EBC without the EGT's climbing thru the roof. Any ideas?

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Figure your sled out yet?
Check stats are ok, then add fuel. 5 lbs boost is nothing, may be your off boost settings if you are not opening the throttle enough.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600 miles and no issues, just had to adjust my fuel settings a touch. Running awesome no issues. Running 8 lbs most of the time, only gets hot low elevation on the trail now. I am snowchecking a new sled so if anyone wants a wicked kit this one is up for grabs.

Top Bottom