2010 Assault hard to start when warmed up

ajb1205

Reaction score
Had my "new-to-me" 2010 Assault out for the first real test drive this weekend. Everything worked great...nice power, no stumbling/surging (that I could tell of, anyway), but one thing that I found is that it would not start well after being warmed up (2 or 3 pulls max when cold). I had to give a bit of throttle and it would then fire up. Could it be old fuel (just replaced the spark plugs)? Idles perfectly (1750 rpm) and, like i said, didn't miss a beat all afternoon. Did a couple wot passed and only would pull about 7800 rpm across a field (4 inches of snow). Running 68 clutch weights at around 2200' elevation (everything else is stock as far as I know...600 miles...have a power commander 5...not installed yet... as I wanted to ride it first). Any suggestions, input???

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Yea I wouldn't think its the fuel but I wouldn't run old fuel in it either , causes detentions and its just not good for it. mine wouldn't start once when i accidentally hit the kill switch I had to give it some throttle that was only once. seems like your rpm at wot should be higher , i get 8300 out of mine but i have a full slp pipe if that makes a difference. I would check your plugs after it is warm and won't start. check the spark for good spark, if the plugs are wet then you have no/bad spark or If the plugs are dry it could indicate a fuel issue.

Top Bottom