2010 assault good sled?

KLRIDE907

Reaction score
I got a pretty good deal on an 2010 assault the other day. It has 850 miles 150 on a professionally rebuilt engine (done by a2d sled works) with aftermarket pistons not oem ones. The sled is in really good shape. My question is should I keep it or sell it... I know the 08-10 800s had some real problems. Is there a good chance the engine will blow again or once it has been rebuilt with good pistons is it good to go? Thanks for any input. -koltan

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Rode my 10' Assault for 2 yrs put 1300 miles on it never having an issue. Also added the slp twin pipes to it that sled was a beast. Hard to keep the skies on the ground
Not a hillclimbing machine but fun with the jumps/boondocking

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would ask and find out what type of pistons he put in there and what the tolerances were. That is a really fun sled and if you bought it at a good price it might be worth putting the "fix kit", in it.

KLRIDE907

Reaction score
i would ask and find out what type of pistons he put in there and what the tolerances were. That is a really fun sled and if you bought it at a good price it might be worth putting the "fix kit", in it.

I'm thinking it was probably a fix it kit because it was rebuilt in 2011. Pretty sure just about everyone knew about the piston slapping by then. I am probably just gonna get the pcv so I don't have to worry about an engine burn down.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rk tec pistons or fix kit or wisco pistons r good fix kit is best can tell if there is a spacer under the cylinder.
think about getting a power comander for the lean spot at 5000 rpm.
relocate the voltage reg and carry a spare

Top Bottom