2010 arctic cats demo rides - thoughts

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Mc Bride, our second annual staff trip, it was great, we were lucky enough to have 3 of the 2010 Arctic Cat sleds, 2 m8- snopro le 153 and snopro 162 and 1 m1000 sno pro

The 2010 s worked really well over all, we had 35 people that rode them and the feed back was very positive, there were a few sceptics that i think went away with something to seriously think about. Although our 153 m8 Le didnt seem to run as strong as the m8 162 they both worked awesome,
We ran them up against each other and they were very close,- 1000 to m8 153 I think if we had run the 162 m8 up against the m 1000 162 i would put my five on the m8! the m1 162 jumped out of the whole better and they stayed closed otherwise. We wanted to do more "fun" testing but they got way too much attention too fast and next thing you know we had 8 sleds line up instead of 2 and it was like trying to sneak your girlfriend in the camper with your wife sleeping!!! very thrilling but not safe bordering on stupid. everyone was too close for my comfort and i wasnt prepared to "trade paint" on prototypes that had to be handed over to other dealers and customers for their enjoyment.

the m1000 snopro was still the quickest, and had the most power-
the m8 were very quick to hit the power and pull consistantly, the only thing is these units had no miles on them (66 on odo when we picked up) . so they weren t really broken in. The new seat is a big hit and we never heard a negative comment on it at all. especially when you find out retail is 399.00 yes canadian, and storage you can put a tarp in there....! thats storage. we did through a can on one m8 just to get some noise and yes the silencer is the same as the m1 that s what we put on it and mbrp. I think the boys who lust for a new kitty will not be disappointed.

It would have been nice to have them in 2' of powder and try so hill climbs but due to the conditions, we did what we could. And as they break in i am confident the new cats will prove to remain Kings of the hill. Cant wait for the new snows of december - already got the 1st trip in my sites!!!

T.

a thought about the conditions- we took 28 people two days in a row up to the renshaw range- we were careful, respected the terrain, managed to play a bit on one hill after testing the snowpack, but still not for too long, and we all had fun, and came home safe... :):)

Please ride safe your families and friends are waiting for you at home.....

:):):):)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt have the new hcr there just wondering if my new hcr has the same gearing as the m8 thanks and i seen my buddy came there last week bought a new 08 king quad looks good :d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i almost forgot whats your honsty opion on the full slp pipe set up for my 09 hcr i dont what to keep punching numbers in to the boondocker every time i ride thanks colin and iam looking for numbers for the boondocker box for an 08 m1000 d@d pipe and that screen air box thanks

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode the 2010 totally impressed i liked m8 myself. cant wait to try in 3ft powder Whens the snow comming? specil thanks to Terry at T&T bonnyville. great trip.

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nopics:...............

sorry i was riding not taking pics, but i will try to get the group shots on for you, do have a couple of still shots of the 10;s not a great computer guy, so getting the images from the little camera to the big computer has not been my specialityyyy

T

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the slp set up works good, we use a dolebec programmer, call the shop talk to mark 780-826-6121 8-5pm. I also like the speedworks set up, nice fit, install and go, not a lot of programing required unless u want to tinker

T.

Top Bottom