2010/2011 BLUE JEWEL /BLUE RIVER Updates and Conditions !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Good Day Mates !

Current Temp. @ 10:45am. is -4.7C. Overcast Looks like it is Snowing up Top !

Roads are Bare with some light Compact and Slippery Sections.....

Drive Safe out there !

Humm....There is more people going up Ground Hog....I have No in Guests Yet....Humm...

Interesting....sooooo it is NONE of My Guests....

POW-WOW is out Sledding Today soooo ....

Stay Tuned for Pics and a Fresh off the Mountain Report to follow !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Whoa....I didn't realize it was this late ! sorry about that....

Well Word from the Sledders that were on the Mountain is.....WE NEED MORE SNOW !

Yes there is Snow but only about 4 Feet up there....YIKES !!

But Hey....Chillax ...Its ALL Good ! " ULAR " WILL Come Back !

POW-WOW Met some AWESOME Sledders from Yellowknife !

:welcomebluesign:

To BLUE RIVER !!

Current Temp. @ 11:30pm is -5.1 C. Partly Cloudy.....

Roads have some " BLACK ICE " to watch out for !!

Bridge Decks and Elevated Corners are the Worst !

Slow Down and Watch out for Wildlife also....

Stay Tuned more to come this Weekend Gals & Guys I am Wishing for a Dump that is " Super Size ".....LOL :d:beer::beer:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
HELLOOOOO......

well We were BUSYYYY this Weekend !

Ron !.....I had this Weird thing Happen this Weekend.....Yup the Kitten came out !...LOL

Sooooo I didn't see Your pretty Face Yet ???

Ok.....Conditions....

Current Temp. -11.9 C. Overcast....

They have some Snow in the Forecast sooooo Bring it on !

I will be posting Pics shortly....

Stay Tuned more to come !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ohhhh Yaaa....

The Boys were out and they are saying....WE NEED MORE SNOW !

..." ULAR " ...Buddy come on ....The Weather Lady has just said YESSSS ....

SNOW is on the WAY !!....Puuuurfect !

Stay Tuned more to come !......

Last edited:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!

I had a Cancellation for New Years !!!

Call NOW and Your IN like Flinn !!

250-673-BLUE ( 2583 )

Yahoooooo Lets Ride BLUE !

Stay Tuned for more Breaking Updates !

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Finn today it was awesome. No shortage of snow here, not far away at fingers they need snow. At Finn there was a good firm base. The vast majority of harzards were covered with snow. We rode all day used most of our fuel, just heading back. A bit later than planned, sorry patty we were pressed for time. We had to drop someone off in Jasper. Fingers needs snow lots of exposed rocks. I'll post pics and video's tommorow.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boosted, we rode parberry last weekend. if you follow the trail we took coming out it should be no problem. we had an awesome day of riding but there still were lots of rocks. unless there has been more snow i wouldnt go back up there.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heres a few pics, First 5 are from Fingers, the snow there had not much base and was only a few feet deep. Just enough to cover the rocks so you wont see them, but they do nice stuff to your A-arms. The trail going up was rough at the cut block. The doo here had hit a rock and bent the a-arms on the left side. He was still able to ride. 'Rucky' hit a rock as well in fingers breaking his throttle a bit and I think both 'Rucky' and Derrick both hurt a bit after there performances. Hope your not to stiff today. We spent alot of time making trails in and getting unstuck. No base with a Turbo Nytro can be a bit more challenging. Sorry I never took alot of pics on the hill this day. Not much to take. BUT...

Sundays ride to Finn/Groundhog was awesome. We were the first group up with only I would say 25 other sleds seen all day. Great base all around, most of the rocks were covered and another 1 1/2 - 2' powder to be found, in some area's we even were in waist deep pow. The ride was worth it now. There was still lots of untouched snow. It was starting to snow as well a bit when we were leaving, so that is the place to go. The trail up to 10K was a bit slick on the switchbacks going up. Its a choir for a 4wd with good tires pulling an enclosed trailer with 5 sleds.:eek:
Once you make it past the first 4 switchbacks its easier. I would recommend tire chains.
Here are a few pics and the video I may get done tonight.

Starts out with staging at I think km 8,

Attachments

• IMGP2282 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2282 (Small).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 473
  • IMGP2283 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2283 (Small).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 475
  • IMGP2284 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2284 (Small).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 459
  • IMGP2293 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2293 (Small).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMGP2308 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2308 (Small).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 479
  • IMGP2319 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2319 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 465
  • IMGP2318 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2318 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 462
  • IMGP2310 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2310 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 476

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ok, which picture is not real....

Thought we would rub it in a bit..:d:d

Here's the real one.

HAHHAHA, RUCKY STANDING ON A SLED TRACK..... I WAS KNEE DEEP IN POWDER!!! IT WAS "EPIC" FOR EARLY SEASON SNOW, IN COMPARISON TO MOST OTHER AREAS......... :d:d:d

PATTY........SORRY WE NEVER WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT IN TO SEE YOU:(. LIKE RON SAID, WE DID HAVE TO DROP OFF ONE OF THE RIDERS IN JASPER.............

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Special thanks to Dooryder, Summitric, JuniorHighmark, Rknight 111, Snochuk, and company for letting Derrick and I tag along. It was an awesome weekend. Also thanks to Lexy for the hospitality. I'll be back again soon! The bruise on my leg from going over the bars is now about 8" x 4" and tender as chit. Can't wait to see the videos, Ron. Nice riding with you guys!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with you and going over the bars. last time i ran into you at allan creek you had just done an over the bars maneuver LOL

thakns for the pics!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
special thanks to dooryder, summitric, juniorhighmark, rknight 111, snochuk, and company for letting derrick and i tag along. It was an awesome weekend. Also thanks to lexy for the hospitality. I'll be back again soon! The bruise on my leg from going over the bars is now about 8" x 4" and tender as chit. Can't wait to see the videos, ron. Nice riding with you guys!

it was a pleasure rippin' it up with you and derrick......we'll have to doo it again soon........ ;) ..... I'm sure friggin' sore/stiff today:) but it's all good!!!

whats with you and going over the bars. Last time i ran into you at allan creek you had just done an over the bars maneuver lol

thakns for the pics!

hey maxwell........ I think the kitty keeps trying to buck him off...... Actually he throws that little cat around nicely.... Got some good pics of him climbing and dooin' donuts ;)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
good pics guys!! Need just a little more snow!! :beer::d:beer:

finn/groundhog was good - knee deep powder........ Rest of the areas in blue, needed more snow....... We trashed finn prettygood in the areas we went, but it's a big area, and i suspect salmon would be even better(it's farther back, and tougher to get into).....heard foam was pretty decent too.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with you and going over the bars. last time i ran into you at allan creek you had just done an over the bars maneuver LOL

thakns for the pics!

You haven't even seen/heard of half the times. The kitty likes to stop suddenly sometimes, whether it's creeks, trees, or rocks... Sometimes even big drifts. I need bindings on my running boards :eek:

Top Bottom