2010/2011 BLUE JEWEL /BLUE RIVER Updates and Conditions !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!

Ok.....Here We go...

They Groomed Redsands ( Parberry ) Last Night....

They Groomed Groundhog & Salmon & Foam Creek Today / Tonight.....

Steve & Bill do a AWESOME JOB on Their Groomer ! THANK YOU BOY'S !!

Ok.....AVALANCHE CONDITIONS !.....

Cariboo Mountain Range....

ALPINE ......HIGH

AT TREELINE......CONSIDERABLE

BELOW TREELINE......CONSIDERABLE

Monashee Mountain Range.....

ALPINE......HIGH

AT TREELINE......CONSIDERABLE

BELOW TREELINE.......MODERATE

It is Snowing Off & On now....Snowing Lightly...Overcast

Current Temp @ 10:30pm is -4.8 C. Calm.....

Looks like they are calling for Snow right through the Weekend.....Humm....

Hey Ya never know the Sun might just POP OUT !!

I have Guests reporting that the SNOW is Flippin' DEEP OUT THERE !!

Puuurfect thats what I like to Report !!

Stay Tuned be back soon !

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people follow this post so I thought I would post this

Special Public Avalanche Warning
Widespread Weak Layers Cause for Concern for Recreational Backcountry Users

January 20, 2011, Revelstoke, BC: The Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC) is issuing a special avalanche warning for most of the mountainous regions of south and central BC. The warning is in effect immediately, through the weekend to end of day Monday, January 24.

The warning applies to the South Coast Mountains east of Pemberton (Duffy Lake region); the South Chilcotin Mountains (Bridge River, Carpenter Lake, Anderson Lake area); the Columbia Mountains from the US border to Prince George; the North Rockies, north and east of Prince George (including areas around Mackenzie, Chetwynd, Pine Pass, Tumbler Ridge, and Kakwa Provincial Park); the Southern Rockies forecast region; the Mountain National Parks (Rogers Pass, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper and Waterton Lakes); and Alberta’s Kananaskis Country. For a map of the warning area, go here: avalanche.ca/spaw/2011-01-21.

CAC Public Avalanche Warning Services Manager Karl Klassen says the main concern is weak layers deeply buried in the snowpack. “The nature of these layers is a bit of a mixed bag,” he explains. “Different regions have different problems but the fundamental concern applies across the board—there’s up to two metres of new snow sitting on some kind of fragile layer. That new snow is starting to settle so natural avalanche activity is slowing down. Without natural avalanches as a warning sign, and with the settled snow offering easier traveling conditions, backcountry users may be tempted to push into more aggressive terrain, which could be a deadly choice.”

The CAC is urging all recreational backcountry users to stay away from large, steep and complex slopes. When triggered, avalanches are expected to be large, often running much farther than expected. Avoid avalanche terrain in the alpine. If you do go into the backcountry, stick to small, simple terrain below treeline and stay out of avalanche runout zones. Everyone in the party needs an avalanche beacon, probe and shovel and at least basic avalanche training. Group leaders need advanced training and everyone should check the current conditions at avalanche.ca before heading out.

For an introduction to avalanche training, take the CAC’s online avalanche course: avalanche.ca/cac/training/online-course.

CAC Forecast Regions
Karl Klassen
CAC Public Avalanche Warning Services Manager
250.837.2141 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 250.837.2141 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (230)
kklassen@avalanche.ca

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Lots of people follow this post so I thought I would post this

Special Public Avalanche Warning
Widespread Weak Layers Cause for Concern for Recreational Backcountry Users

January 20, 2011, Revelstoke, BC: The Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC) is issuing a special avalanche warning for most of the mountainous regions of south and central BC. The warning is in effect immediately, through the weekend to end of day Monday, January 24.

The warning applies to the South Coast Mountains east of Pemberton (Duffy Lake region); the South Chilcotin Mountains (Bridge River, Carpenter Lake, Anderson Lake area); the Columbia Mountains from the US border to Prince George; the North Rockies, north and east of Prince George (including areas around Mackenzie, Chetwynd, Pine Pass, Tumbler Ridge, and Kakwa Provincial Park); the Southern Rockies forecast region; the Mountain National Parks (Rogers Pass, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper and Waterton Lakes); and Alberta’s Kananaskis Country. For a map of the warning area, go here: avalanche.ca/spaw/2011-01-21.

CAC Public Avalanche Warning Services Manager Karl Klassen says the main concern is weak layers deeply buried in the snowpack. “The nature of these layers is a bit of a mixed bag,” he explains. “Different regions have different problems but the fundamental concern applies across the board—there’s up to two metres of new snow sitting on some kind of fragile layer. That new snow is starting to settle so natural avalanche activity is slowing down. Without natural avalanches as a warning sign, and with the settled snow offering easier traveling conditions, backcountry users may be tempted to push into more aggressive terrain, which could be a deadly choice.”

The CAC is urging all recreational backcountry users to stay away from large, steep and complex slopes. When triggered, avalanches are expected to be large, often running much farther than expected. Avoid avalanche terrain in the alpine. If you do go into the backcountry, stick to small, simple terrain below treeline and stay out of avalanche runout zones. Everyone in the party needs an avalanche beacon, probe and shovel and at least basic avalanche training. Group leaders need advanced training and everyone should check the current conditions at avalanche.ca before heading out.

For an introduction to avalanche training, take the CAC’s online avalanche course: avalanche.ca/cac/training/online-course.

CAC Forecast Regions
Karl Klassen
CAC Public Avalanche Warning Services Manager
250.837.2141 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 250.837.2141 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (230)
kklassen@avalanche.ca
Thanks Cookie !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!

POW-WOW is out Sledding and has the Camera with Him !!

Soooooo....there will be Pics to View later on !!

Current Temp. @11:30 is -4.1 C. SNOWING light to Moderate !

Stay Tuned I have lots to Post Today !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ohhhh Nooooo

I here if You breath some Two Stroke Smoke it will Help !!

Just gottta go To Your Buddies Place and get Him to Start His Sled !....LMAO !

( DO NOT TRY THIS ....IT IS ONLY A JOKE KIDS !!! )

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheres those pics!!?? Anyone ridin groundhog sat or sun? Looks like i might be on my own this weekend. Everybodies busted, workin or maybe goin in the other direction

edge8

Reaction score
hey Patti. Just a quick note thank you so much for your hospitality this past week. All the boys loved it the snow was nut deep on a giraff. Thanks also to the ladies in the kitchen the meals were unbeleivable the best. We had great untracked powder it was a work out. Should be hearing from us again soon. Remember Its All Good.

Sheldon

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!

Yesss I am still here...LOL

Ok....What a OUTSTANDING Day Today !

The Sun is Shining the Birds are Sing.....Ya I know enough of that Crap.....LOL

Current Tamp. in Blue River 0.1 C ..Sunny a little Cloud....

The AVALANCHE Conditions are Still " CONSIDERABLE " !!

Sooooo it is a MUST that You have Proper Traning and Equipment and Food before You head out into the Back Country !!

I konow You want Pics Ok....Hang in there I will be back as soon as I find the Camera...

Stay Tuned be back soon !

xrsrev

Reaction score
Pics would be great! Im starting to think there is absolutely no snow in Blue because we havent seen any pics in awhile! LOL!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Pics would be great! Im starting to think there is absolutely no snow in Blue because we havent seen any pics in awhile! LOL!
UPDATE !!!!

Yess I am still ALIVE !....LOL

I know where the He!! have I been ....My Head stuck in a Snow Bank !

It is Currently JUST DUMPING HERE !!!

ULAR has Blessed Us with His presents again !! Yahooooo !!!

Current Temp @ 11:45 is -2.0 C. Snowing Moderate to HEAVY at times....

The Snow has Set up AWESOME out there soooo NO more Fluff !

The Guests that We have had well what can I say ....EXCELLENT PEOPLE WAYYYY To much FUN !!

The Pics....I am BAD....soooo I will get to them Today !!

Bear with Me....LOL

Stay Tuned I will get back to " Normal " here...

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was some good riding there this weekend...we only went to Groundhog but if it snowed all day like it was this morning when we left, I would dare say that the conditions would have been amazing

PS Thanks for the accommodations, food was amazing and the company/atmosphere top notch. Hope to be back very soon

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was some good riding there this weekend...we only went to Groundhog but if it snowed all day like it was this morning when we left, I would dare say that the conditions would have been amazing

PS Thanks for the accommodations, food was amazing and the company/atmosphere top notch. Hope to be back very soon

Braaap

Reaction score
Sorry if I should of started a new thread but just had a quick question. Coming to Blue for the first time this weekend with a larger group. Was just curious if there are any maps of riding areas online or in town I could pick up? There are a few riders in our group with experience in blue but always like to do a little research on my own so I'm not dependent on others for worst case scenarios.

Thanks!

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop at the Holy Smoke Inn and Robin and Pattie have maps and Robin knows the area like the back of his hand. Play safe.:beer::beer::d

Top Bottom