2009 xp800 bb kit, 860 or 880??

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpine Hero

We are located in Leduc not to far from you, Arctic Edge engines are the only engines I will use in mod sleds. Brent builds one hell of an 860. If that sled of yours is stock under the hood now as far as raves, thermostat, clutching and gearing go I have some options other than big bore if your interested. We also do a 950 which uses a crank shop cyl and head then Brent works his magic on porting, dome design and compression ratio. Pinned and welded crank, fully ported cases but its not a cheap engine. Feel free to give me a shout at the shop 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
The secret like anything is getting all the combos right. First you need a good engine builder. Then you need to look at all the rest of the stuff if you want a real nice running sled. Took me a real long time to get mine to where it is

I run Ralphs stuff and it's been great. Linderman has a good name too and I also like Tom at Mots. Just to drop in a real nice engine I would say gets you half way there though. Carbs, reeds, timing, fuel, clutch, pipes, intake get you the rest. And you gotta dyno it. Otherwise your just bolting parts together.

Redbaronjg

Reaction score
Ya it will probably Go with the 860. Is there anywhere in Edmonton who does good work heard specialty wasn't the best and absolute can't even weld a nitrous bracket lol.
Specialty built my 860 and had one hiccup with a damaged temp sensor, otherwise no issues. Have seen other BB builds come out of there with good success, met a few on the hill too who were happy with them. Never had any work done at APP but they guys have been good to deal with for parts and advice

dooracer

Reaction score
In regards as to which B.B. to go with, I purchased a 950 complete engine, pipes from Dean at Madd Motorsports in Leduc. The install was very clean and professionally done, he even lightened up my sled with ideas and products that enhanced performance and efficiency too. On hardpack, you better be wearing a teather, cause if you get traction, it will rip out of your hands. I just had it in deep powder at a undisclosed location this past week, without getting any run at the hill, it climbed a pretty serious pull with a vertical section of 60' at the top. At 3/4 throttle, the skies didn't touch, even over two 6' speed bumps and went over the top with a track speed 50 MPH not KMS. with the clutching, gearing, thermostat, suspension mods that dean installed. This beast has ran flawless in just under a 1000 kms, Dean and Brent put together an awesome combination and is well worth the money. Even the mods Dean does on stockers will with out a doubt, will ahead of the pack with little effort. Before you bolt anything on your REV, XP, XM have Dean put his complete kit in to your sled, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know this is an older thread but i would like to hear more about this 950 what does this setup put out for hp and roughly what could a guy expect for prices. also how many of these 950s are out there. i wish i would have heard about this since i already sent my engine away

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Deano a call he is one of the nicest guys in the sledding industry! He is willing to talk and answer your question.

rylester331

Reaction score
Going to ride my 09 xp 163 for one last winter ! And I think I wanna do a big bore kit ! 860 or 872 ! Sounds like Deno is the man to talk to ! Before I make up my mind I was wondering how reliable these bb kits are , and roughly how much $
Thanks
Ryley

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the price. But a good big bore put in bye someone that knows what they are doing should last as long as a stock motor! That's if you maintain it good, give it good fuel good oil and the most important thing of all proper warm up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to ride my 09 xp 163 for one last winter ! And I think I wanna do a big bore kit ! 860 or 872 ! Sounds like Deno is the man to talk to ! Before I make up my mind I was wondering how reliable these bb kits are , and roughly how much $
Thanks
Ryley
Your on the page With Deano or Tygstad Can't go wrong .

Top Bottom