2009 range razor

brian46

Reaction score
I have a 2009 range razor and I have put in a new battery and a new power belt ( clutch belt ) .I have a high speed miss and will not go over 40 miles an hr .any ideas out there thanks for any help

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you changed the belt did you check the primary clutch to make sure it was working properly and that there wasn't any bushings wore out or something jamming up?

Offr500

Reaction score
The miss you are hearing is probably your engine hitting your rev limiter. I would guess that the clutches aren't shifting out all the way and that is causing your engine to rev too high. like glengine said, I would check the clutches to make sure they are working properly and moving freely from their low ratio position all the way to their high ratio position. You didn't mention whether or not your old belt had fragmented upon failure or if you were simply changing it out from wear. If it had fragmented upon failure there may be a chunk of belt holding either the primary(smaller clutch) or the secondary clutch(larger clutch) from shifting out all the way.

if you have any questions or more info on your machine please post on here so that we can help :)

Kevin

Top Bottom