2009 polaris dragon. sp 800

Poygan

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2009 800 dragon, I was riding last night , going about 50 mph and the check engine light comes on and my sled goes into limp mode. I shut it off and started it again it ran fine. We put on 25 miles, then it dies, I started it back up rode about a mile and it died agin, this happened about 10 more times till I could get to a road to leave it there. Just wondering if anyone had this happen before and if you could let me know where to start. Thanks for your help!!

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet it's your voltage regulator
Have put the new updated one yet?
What's your compression ?
Have u put a fix kit in?

Sent from my iPhone using

Poygan

Reaction score
I bet it's your voltage regulator
Have put the new updated one yet?
What's your compression ?
Have u put a fix kit in?

I will try the regulator
I'm going to get it to check compression...I will udate later.
What is the fix kit?

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix kit gets rid of the piston slop in cyl that polaris is known for. Make sure to stay on top of your compression test and if they start to drop get the rebuild. Itll safe yourself from grenading the motor

Poygan

Reaction score
I checked the compression..its good, the plugs are good. It ran really good till it got up to t.emp, then it quits, but it fires up again and has power put then quits again. The clutch needs to be replaced...it engages at 1800 Rpms...would that have any affect on the motor quitting? I wouldn't think so but not sure with sensors or anything....thanks for the.help!!

Poygan

Reaction score
Not to be a pain, but I'm going to need to purchase a clutch also just wondering what would be best one to purchase? Thanks a lot!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The fix it kit, is basically a new top end. If you still have factory pistons?

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget when u get the fix kit a power commander is a big part of the fix gets rid of the lean mid rang and sled runs better than stock with it. Way more reliable.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some say run the fix kit with stock 08 map but I'm running with a PC

cturk1010

Reaction score
you can call your local Polaris dealer and give them your vin number they can tell you if a dealer did the motor update and what flash you have on ecu the latest is the best or you can pull out one of your power valves and look in cylinder if it has 2 rings you are good to go as for motor shutting down it sounds like you need the dealer to put it on scanner to see what sensor is failing possibly tps
as for clutching check your primary spring they are known for breaking and then early engagement will happen

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix kit does not require power commander. MTNTK recommends reflash to original 08 or last version in April 10 which is very rich. This kit will give you piece of mind and much better performance. I have installed 6 of them this year and every sled had nasty looking pistons that came out. Performance afterwards was improved.

Top Bottom