2009 Polaris dragon 800 blown?

Zweifel22

Reaction score
I just bought a 09 Polaris dragon and it was running good other than the engine light would come on the odd time, no fix kit on it yet and I was riding along the trail and it all of a sudden made a terrible sound and come to a complete stop. Smoke was coming from under the hood and I noticed I was half empty on antifreeze (topped it up before the ride) so I looked under the hood and never noticed anything out of the ordinary then I noticed the antifreeze was right empty and was all over the ground underneath the sled. And I couldn't pull the rope to start it more than 2" it's like it's seized up... Is the engine blown? It's my first sled so I don't know a lot about them yet.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 09 Polaris dragon and it was running good other than the engine light would come on the odd time, no fix kit on it yet and I was riding along the trail and it all of a sudden made a terrible sound and come to a complete stop. Smoke was coming from under the hood and I noticed I was half empty on antifreeze (topped it up before the ride) so I looked under the hood and never noticed anything out of the ordinary then I noticed the antifreeze was right empty and was all over the ground underneath the sled. And I couldn't pull the rope to start it more than 2" it's like it's seized up... Is the engine blown? It's my first sled so I don't know a lot about them yet.

Maybe blew a hose and overheated it. Sounds like ur doin atleast a top end. Did it fire up after 10 mins or so of sittin?

snowhunter

Reaction score
Sounds more like a skirt or rod out through the case to me hope I'm wrong

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when my 2010 dragon blew apart the first time i could not pull the cord,later we found a few holes in bottom and the side of the engine. the jug has pieces missing as well as the one piston. we ordered a rebuilt CVteck engine and that has two more melt downs due to engines not assembled correctly . So if you need a new rebuilt engine look else where . on my third engine the top end was in need of replacement . I was able to ride it out, so no tow home by my friends. After that it was gone....

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
when my 2010 dragon blew apart the first time i could not pull the cord,later we found a few holes in bottom and the side of the engine. the jug has pieces missing as well as the one piston. we ordered a rebuilt CVteck engine and that has two more melt downs due to engines not assembled correctly . So if you need a new rebuilt engine look else where . on my third engine the top end was in need of replacement . I was able to ride it out, so no tow home by my friends. After that it was gone....

Is a short block Polaris an option? Or, are they too expensive?

Top Bottom