2009 Nytro XTX front end woes

IronRaptor

Reaction score
I have a Nytro with 2100 km on it. The sled was stock last winter with the addition of a Yamaha flotation skid plate and Simmons gen 3 skis. My issue is that the upper balljoints are shot and the lowers not too far behind. The sled was used mostly on trail with some cross country. What would cause this kind of premature wear? Better yet, how do I keep it happening again after I replace the ball joints for this winter?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the update done? Lower ball joints had a recall in 2009 for them falling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000K ON MY 08 and my front end was completly done. All the required parts to repair were over $600 though yamaha. I have a Zbros box sitting in the shop now for not alot more

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Nytro with 2100 km on it. The sled was stock last winter with the addition of a Yamaha flotation skid plate and Simmons gen 3 skis. My issue is that the upper balljoints are shot and the lowers not too far behind. The sled was used mostly on trail with some cross country. What would cause this kind of premature wear? Better yet, how do I keep it happening again after I replace the ball joints for this winter?
Just like the apex need to install grease zerks in the a arms. The bushings will last twice ass long. Ball joints hold up to alot of abuse and weight from the big motor and heavy front end so they wear no mater what.

IronRaptor

Reaction score
I just completed swapping out the stock plastic a-arm bushings for oilite bushings as well as installed 4 new ball joints.. We'll see how it holds up this winter. Hope we see some snow here, been very dismal so far. The fellas at Schmidt Brothers recomend lubricating all chassis points including ball joints with a foaming chain lube every second or third ride. I guess this extends the life of these parts huge......

Top Bottom