differences between front half of 2009 nytro mtx and rtx .

nytrosmtx

Reaction score
i just bought a nytro.its my first sled. i was told it was a mtx witch is what i was after.when i drove three hours to pick it up it was actually a rtx with the tunnel and skid off an mtx. it was a really good deal and only had 900 kms but know im wondering if i made the right decision in buying it. from what i can tell the ski stance is wider, lower bars, fox float shocks, different front suspension. is there any difference in the clutch or motor or skies that comes on this sled. to start i really want to get some kind of riser but i think i neet to get longer cables. any sudjestions on a height for mountain riding and a good kit or place to get parts other than yamaha dealer would be really appreciated. i plan on adding a roll over valve. theres a used timbersled front suspension with new bushings for 400 im wondering if i should buy it to narrow up the ski stance to help me tip this beast over.im also wanting a better trak after reading about this sled so i don't get left behind by all my friends who ride 800s. or should i just learn how to ride before i start upgrading things. thanks for any advice.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gearing and clutching is different cause the Rtx comes with a shorter track then a mtx so a longer track wouldn't make it feel like it has less power, and a steering post relocation kit is a very nice upgrade cr racing and oft makes one it helps with the weird steering on it and yeah just get out and learn the sled so then you can figure out what you want to do to it. Have fun

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The Nytro's have a naturally high center of gravity which makes them hard to pull over and when they do go, they tend to want to go all the way. You will find this is just as true on a MTX with a 39 front end. A good place to start if it has not already been done is to ditch the car muffler and put on a liteweight under tunnel exhaust system and seat. For the steering correction the BDX probably has the best method on the market now. A new mount is supplied and the steering column comes with a u joint installed to help give you a truer vertical steering position. If you’re going to go with a new front suspension your probably best off to go with a true +4.5" forward suspension the one manufactured by Skinz. If you do not want to spend the coin right now look around you should be able to find quite a few take off 39" MTX front suspensions. The weight transfer on the Nytro is also greatly affected by the rear suspension and the Skinz +4.5 when teamed up with a Kmod rear suspension is a unbeatable team. If your sled has a Maverick track ditch it. While it is good in powder the tips have too much flex on hard pack and let’s just say you will not have much fun. Give us a call if you’re interested, we can help get you set up. We have owned and ridden a 08 Nytro MTX since new so we have accumulated a lot of experience through trial and error on what works and does not work with Nytro's

Last edited:

nytrosmtx

Reaction score
than youfor taking the time to respond. really answere my questions . loving this sport.

Top Bottom