2009 Nytro - Best suspension upgrades?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
OK...here's the scoop,

Been away from sleds for a number of years and I'm just getting back into sledding. Just bought an 09 Nytro MTX and wonder what I can do to modify the rear suspension and smooth it out when riding the whoops and to keep the front end down when I do hotrod it next year?

Heard a bit about Timbersled (some good some bad) and did see a nice setup (complete rear suspension) at the Calgary show that I believe was from Racers Edge? Was thinking of upgrading the front & rear suspension to help both the ride and performance while lightening up the sled and shedding some weight?

What makes the best mod to lighten and make the suspension and track the best? Sound advice is appreciated and no this sled won't be purpose built for highmarking or running shoots. Need it to be an all purpose machine as I'll also be taking kids on some trails now and then.

Thanks in advance...

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, do the Racer's Edge kit for around $2000 for the rear skid if you want decent price and great quality. If you want less weight...do the Timbersled skid. You can do all around(frnt & rear Timber sled) for about 3000 I think. It's a good skid, but just needs to be setup properly at the beginning & should be ok. I've had issues with mine, but that's lack of knowledge on my part...:mad:
Good luck

RN

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have timbersled all around and well never had one issue with it. like raspberry Nytro said. if you know how to setup the skid u will love it. i have over 7000km on mine and never had an issue once. (knock on wood) but there is so many options out there and everyone has there own oppinion

rotax

Reaction score
TSled is probably the best bang for buck...and is far superior to the stock setup. And drops a ton of weight.

The M10 supposedly works better for handling BIG HP and chutes.

KMod is another option (I think). Maybe a better "jumping" skid?

I run 12# and am pretty happy with how the Tsled handles the boost...much more tho and it'd need some more work to keep the nose down in the steep.

However, the front (of the rear suspension) tends to bottom on hard hits and in fast moguls n such. Apparently there is an update that helps with that.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are a bigger guy ir not but if over 225lbs DO NOT buy a timber sled, or if you ever plan on jumping your sled, DO NOT buy a timbersled, they are great if you are a smaller dude and want to lighten up your unit but other that that, they will break and break again and then some more. If you are after ride improvement, a little less weight and durability, check out kmodsnowmoblieparts.com
I have severely abused mine and it hasn't let me down yet, slightly cheaper than timbersled as well.:d
just my 2cents

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are a bigger guy ir not but if over 225lbs DO NOT buy a timber sled, or if you ever plan on jumping your sled, DO NOT buy a timbersled, they are great if you are a smaller dude and want to lighten up your unit but other that that, they will break and break again and then some more. If you are after ride improvement, a little less weight and durability, check out kmodsnowmoblieparts.com
I have severely abused mine and it hasn't let me down yet, slightly cheaper than timbersled as well.:d
just my 2cents

Im 210lbs, with over 8000km on my sled now. with the timbersled front and rear skids.. i pound the woops out on the trail i jump and i climb. my skid has never ever gave me one issue.. i just did the update kit to it to make the suspension stiffer. i love it for everything. just have to make sure you keep it greased and works just fine. and i dont even have the beefed up H-arm. ill wait tell i bend it to replace that.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Timbersleds have been fine and I'm about 240. Mcsquished is about 260. If you want a lightweight suspension that works well the Tsled is a good option, especially with the updates. If you want the toughest, look at an M10 but it's about 20lbs heavier. I know guys that trash stock stuff too :eek:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I talked with Daryl Baker about it on the weekend. With the riding I'll do this season with the family, he suggested riding it stock and seeing how it worked for me. To be honest, I doubt I'll turbo this chassis as I'm hoping the wife migrates onto it for next season. If that happens, then I'll hop up a new style chassis.

Daryl is a great guy to deal with and I have a lot of respect for him as an engineer & manufacturer as well as a local drag racer who has a great reputation around here. Thank for the advice guys!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked with Daryl Baker about it on the weekend. With the riding I'll do this season with the family, he suggested riding it stock and seeing how it worked for me. To be honest, I doubt I'll turbo this chassis as I'm hoping the wife migrates onto it for next season. If that happens, then I'll hop up a new style chassis.

Daryl is a great guy to deal with and I have a lot of respect for him as an engineer & manufacturer as well as a local drag racer who has a great reputation around here. Thank for the advice guys!

Daryl and Lance are awesome to deal with. very smart and arnt scared to help out.. we deal with them all day long at work they are awesome!!:beer:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racer's edge has an upgraded rear arm that I hear works well for controlling boost. That isn't your issue if you are stock. You can buy the whole Tsled rear setup for less than the arm and it will drop 30lbs from your sled (yes I weighed it) You asked what skid to improve the ride and drop weight.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Racer's edge has an upgraded rear arm that I hear works well for controlling boost. That isn't your issue if you are stock. You can buy the whole Tsled rear setup for less than the arm and it will drop 30lbs from your sled (yes I weighed it) You asked what skid to improve the ride and drop weight.

I did in fact ask that...and do appreciate the info Sly. I have yet to ride this thing in stock form and will be doing that this weekend. If I find it heavy I will definitely give the Tsled setup a chance. Thanks! :cool:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for front end Parts and Shocks ZBROZ all the way...they are awsome shocks and they build them for the rider.......P.S. Im a Zbroz dealer....

BD

Reaction score
Springs are pretty soft on '08&'09 Nytro. One of each in my group and both were upgraded to the #1500 spring and bottoming out was gone. '08 got an Ohlins rear shock and '09 stayed stock. There are several optiond for sus[ension springs on these sleds and the stock one is #1100 i believe. They go up to #2100.
I've upgraded to TS this year so my springs would be available for much less than new if your interested.

Top Bottom