2009 M1000 Sno Pro 174" project

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Look at this guy his first post and already a smarta$$, probably the kind of guy that puts a few bot on mods, spends a fortune on shocks cuz the thing wont handle and then has to beak about beating the allmighty M1000 group. I would love to see this guy on the hill, probably 20 pds overweight and carries a camera around videoing every one else so at least when he gets home he has something exciting to watch. Ha Ha just kidding buddy!:p

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be really disapointed in your m8 if it doesn't beat our 1000's. $25000 is a lot to spend to get beat by a stock 162hp m1000. I might even quit sledding if I were you. If not there's always nitrous!Gonna be a fun year.

MR MOOSE

Reaction score
I just finished doing a very similiar build, just wondering what gears you guys decided to go with and also which helix worked. Not trying to steal all your secrets just trying to avoid a tuning headache, thanks.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
No secrets here, we used the M8 gears but there are two sets. Niner went with the lower set which is a 55/65 I believe and I went with the higher ones 57/63. We are not sure how much difference there is yet because we had little riding time towards the end of the year and we didnt ride together after I got the 3" in mine. I suspect the lower gears are better and I ran a variable helix, a 46/36 and was very happy. I had great bottom end and actually seemed to gain some speed at the bottom instead of the tractor feel that I have always had. I tried a little secret spring in my secondary last year and really liked it to, the ski-doo black purple purple spring. It works best with an aftermarket helix as it is a little tight in diameter on the stock one, guys were shaving them on the inside to make them fit, but I had no issues with the one I put in. Hope this helps, dont forget your rock rollers and shift assist and you should have er close to dialed!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have to ask Niner he is the track cutting expert, hell he might cut one for ya for a small fee. He invested in the proper blade for his saw and he did stretch it out but I recall that the hardest part is turning the track inside out.

Hardest part was finding the right saw, after that done in 20 minutes.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you got it cut bdf. Everything turned out good?how wide did you leave yours?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went 15 dead on. More clearance than a stock 15 wide, no little pieces from the edge of the mold. Could have went another 1/8 wider on each side and trimmed the tooth off the lug to clear the cooler. Going to do a 162- 3 incher and go 15.5, shouldn't be a problem as the cooler lines are on the running board extrusions on that sled.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your m8 would turn it fine my m8 turns the 162 powerclaw very easily and i know its only a 2.25 but a 3 inch only has .75 larger paddles so go for it

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Ya my buddies M8 was spanking everything on the hill so I think ya might turn it, go for broke and do the 174 you wont regret it.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where'd you get the parts for the 174 and what'd it run ya? Also, did the fella with the M8 change his gearing/clutching a lot? I'm thinking of extending mine over the summer months.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Track from Curtis at tracks Canada, 1495.00 ish, made my own tunnel extention, $200.00 with hoses and clamps. My buddy never geared his and he added a bunch of power mods to it and he is flying!

killerrf

Reaction score
3" m1's still kickin' azz? have any video of this thing climbing?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
No videos of the cat, sorry. It is still working well and I wouldnt change a thing. I can keep up or beat most pump gas turbos but not the big boys they are quite a bit better on the big hills. I will take anyone on in the trees or tight spots with deep snow though, my machine simply works and I dont feel the extra length is a detriment in any way. I will run it next year and see how the new cats are gonna be and decide what to do then, it looks interesting though. I cant wait to see how easy it is going to be to put a 3" 174 on the new 1100, I hope they have given us enough clearance in the tunnel. Time will tell!!

Paulo 13

Reaction score
Your thread is very convincing. Bought and installed 3" 162. Thanks for the tips. Night and day. Cant keep the skis on the snow. Performance is put to use with traction. Cheers

Top Bottom