2009 M1000 Sno Pro 174" project

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually cut mine to 15 1/2". Takes 2 guys and a good table saw. Looks like factory. It was hard at first to run a $1400 track into a blade but she cuts like butter with a good system.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to notch the corner to get by the tunnel cooler.

Attachments

• IMGP0162.JPG
    IMGP0162.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 537

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1/4" off both sides of track. Notch both sides of track for coolers.

Rowdy Reidy

Reaction score
Ice Age rails only way to go, on sale right now I think. Did the 3" fit over your 8 tooth drivers and have clearance?

WTF!?! Scarry enough with 2.5" Nightmares still of that monster eating my seat. Now its gonna have 3" appetite.....YIKES!!!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
For the earlier question, wondering if we are turboed, not at all but we have quite a few bolt ons that are working quite well together. For this year I think that there is still more in the clutching and I may possibly try a RKT secondary but I would love to find someone with one on thier sled to let me swap with for a few runs cuz I am still not convinced its much better than my setup now. Other than that I really like to just pull the rope and go, my machine has proven to be very reliable and I like that. I figure the turbo guys are fun to play with and surprise a little with what we have. Cant wait for the fluff!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
what did you guys do for cooling... i put on the tunnel yesterday and the tunnel extention i got is a different angle, im curious as to how this was modified to make it look good, im using the mm tunnel.
rusty

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used the stock coolers. Just need longer hoses to reach the rear cooler.Got any pics?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I dont know if this will help but I went to Parts Sourse with my factory hose to match up the diameter and bought a heater hose that was S shaped, I guess if you could imagine a square S and I cut off the top which was too big in diameter and had me a L shaped hose in the end. The hose cost about $13.00 but I dont remember what vehicle it was for. Make sure it is long enough, i had to go back twice. Oh and we also went to a Cat dealer and bought special hose clamps that will not come loose, they were like $3.00 a piece but worth it in the quality.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this will help but I went to Parts Sourse with my factory hose to match up the diameter and bought a heater hose that was S shaped, I guess if you could imagine a square S and I cut off the top which was too big in diameter and had me a L shaped hose in the end. The hose cost about $13.00 but I dont remember what vehicle it was for. Make sure it is long enough, i had to go back twice. Oh and we also went to a Cat dealer and bought special hose clamps that will not come loose, they were like $3.00 a piece but worth it in the quality.

Here's the hose info I posted earlier in this thread as well - your reply reminded of it. :)

Acklands would be the best choice IMO., Napa or Auto Value may have what you need, but Acklands has it for sure (I know). Take the old hose with you and they can match up the diameter for it. Lengthened the hose on my cat last year and they were able to find what I needed. Try and get a pre-formed hose so that the 90 degree bends don't kink (compared to if you just use loose rad hose off the reel in bulk). You might have to buy two hoses if the length isn't there, or you can try and get one hose with two 90 degree bends in it and then cut them to length if the hose has enough length.

Order it from Acklands Grainer but maybe check Napa or Auto Value just in case (probably in stock at Acklands though). We had to order a hose for the hillclimb bike and they make pre-molded hoses in the length you want, just need the inside diameter
https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...id=7&catId2=544&catName2=COOLANT&levelCount=2
Try any of the part #'s DYC80400 to DYC80412. They make it in 5/8" and 3/4". I think this might be the one you want - https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...lay.do?item_code=DYC80412&categorySearch=true
3/4" ID X 4" X 12" in the 90 degree pre-molded.

Hope that helps.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the 08 cooler on my extension. I like the way it wrapped down a little for better cooling as that is where all the snow flies off the track.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We used our 09 coolers, both will work but I like how the newer coolers fit in the tunnel better.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
You will have to ask Niner he is the track cutting expert, hell he might cut one for ya for a small fee. He invested in the proper blade for his saw and he did stretch it out but I recall that the hardest part is turning the track inside out.

Top Bottom