2009 M1000 Fuel Control Box?

nate_9ers

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have a 2009 M1000 with a full speedwerx exhaust and I am now looking to get a fuel controller.
I have done a lot of google searching to see what my best option is, either the Power Commander V, Boondocker, or the Attitude Box.
I am pretty inexperienced at tuning but there is 2 local shops here that are pretty good with the PCV and the Boondocker.
Looking for some input for what I should go with.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both boxes are very good. I'm running the boondocker box with full Slp pipe and porting. The m1000 is different than most sleds as everyone likes its own map. You can get a baseline to start but will need to tweak from there. Once it's set you shouldn't have to mess with it.

nate_9ers

Reaction score
Found a great deal on a PC5, used off a KIJIJI for $100. Was on a M8 thought so I need a M1000 map. Speedwerx has them available to download off of their site for a full exhaust setup, any thoughts on their map?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a great deal on a PC5, used off a KIJIJI for $100. Was on a M8 thought so I need a M1000 map. Speedwerx has them available to download off of their site for a full exhaust setup, any thoughts on their map?

As noted, most are slightly different from the base mapping as the fuel pressures are different etc. Its a starting point but you need to watch EGTs or plugs a little more closely.

Don't try and dial it right clean, the big bores of the 1000's (any big motor really) likes the fuel, you can't run them too much leaner or you won't have enough fuel in there to keep the domes cool. Its a big piston dome to keep cool at WFO, lots of guys have found out the hard way. You can clean it up, especially on the bottom end, but I wouldn't get too aggressive on the 1000's.

Make sure you have an A/F gauge or an EGT at least.

JONSHOW

Reaction score

If you're interested in tuning with Dynojet gear check out the thread I started a few days ago
https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/any-tuners-out-there-sled-data-95538.html
I just posted the response I got from Dynojet regarding running a POD-300 with autotune and a Power Commander V.
Pretty informative stuff.

iturch

Reaction score
A Buddy of mine is running a 2009 1000 with the full SLP exaust with the PC5. He went to SLP site and down loaded the map and was very disappointed, it was over fuelling so bad we had a hard time to keep it running. He finally put pyros on it and did 2 days of tuning before he got it to run the way it should.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to purchase a set of EGT's before you start tuning. Without them it's an expensive lesson when you lean out a spot. I have the 2008 mapping on my M1000 with full SLP and had to take a lot of air out to get it running right with BD box. Still have it fat on top end for engine protection. The 2009 M1000 in our group is using PCV and tried different vendor maps, still needed to build his own from theirs. With a full exhaust, you will need to find a way to get more air in, the stock intake system is too restrictive.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Boondocker period. You do need to have the ability to tweak the numbers in the box though and you also HAVE to put in EGT gauges and do plug checks etc, once it is dialled in you will not touch it again. Make sure when you install the boondocker to carefully read the instructions to insure that the injector wires are right for your harness and take your time on the ground wire and get it hooked up properly or the gauge will not work.

Top Bottom