2009 m1000 bog

chezandy0

Reaction score
i have a completely stock 2009 m1000 162 with a can no programer or y pipe. It seems that once i hit 1/4 to half throtle i bog cant get any more out of her even if i try feathering it to get more all i get is 42mph if i give her more she bogs and loses speed any help would be great!:confused::confused::confused:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try checking your power valves see what kinda shape they are in
i had an 04 that did this and i sold it to buddy and he put it all back to stock ... pipe can everything and the bog went away so if you have the old suit case try throwing it back in and see what happens

chezandy0

Reaction score
Thanks for your tip there sled_wrangler. It was all good again after you took out the suitcase if i under understand correctly?

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no the 04 once he put the stock pipe and can back on and took out the boon docker it was all good ... keep in mind diff motor but never know its worth a try ..but i would check your power valve first and make sure they are opening all the way

OLE 11

Reaction score
Is your engine light on? There is a clear hose that come out of ECM make sure it is not plugged or pinched! Did you doo a compression test?

chezandy0

Reaction score
no compression test yet no engine light on and hose is clear

craptabulous

Reaction score
Hows the belt and clutching ? I know i bought a abc kit with adjuster . It sure helped my sled take off having the belt adjusted . A new belt did even more . Have you checked power valve cable adjustment ? 1.377 " on my 07 . How are the reeds ? Try new spark plugs . Hows the coloring ? What do you run for fuel ?

chezandy0

Reaction score
Belt is good clutches are good and running premium fuel. Ive seen posts that guys have been running reg fuel and it helped im wondering if you guys have noticed a difference.Plugs are good and cable adjustment is dead on.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle over ride sensor. My 1000 was doing simular. I pulled my throttle block apart unplugged the sensor. Seems to run better now. Only did this last night, will find out tomorrow when I hit the hills.

Buddy of mime was saying one of his friends sled was doing that. Turns out it was his can. The exhaust flow through the can was causing false readings on the computer. Not to sure about the can, but I'd be trying to bypass you throttle sensor

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your exhaust valves for proper adjustmen, and clean. Have seen several do similar things and lots of the time an exhaust valve cable is broke.

craptabulous

Reaction score
Like some one else said , its probably that throttle switch my nytro was doing the same thing , disconnected . Never been better

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you do unplug that be damn careful as i did the same thing once and my sled took a half mile run thru a fence across the street jump the curb just missed a ford and two houses and into the field before i caught up to it lol thank god sleds dont move as well on dirt !!!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you do unplug that be damn careful as i did the same thing once and my sled took a half mile run thru a fence across the street jump the curb just missed a ford and two houses and into the field before i caught up to it lol thank god sleds dont move as well on dirt !!!

Yeah, Best to install a teather. I will be doing that at some point, (been saying that for 2 years now). In the habbit of starting with the brake locked, I have had throttles stick open, been easy to unstick or hit the kill. been lucky so far.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Best to install a teather. I will be doing that at some point, (been saying that for 2 years now). In the habbit of starting with the brake locked, I have had throttles stick open, been easy to unstick or hit the kill. been lucky so far.

How many times you think you are gonna get lucky? :D PM smokindave on here for the part # for the tether or have him send you one. They are about $25 and worth every penny if you ever have an issue. The Cat ones are less than a 20 min install, longest part is taking off pipe and getting in behind the heat shield. I had one of my first mod sleds run away from me because I wasn't wearing the tether, got super lucky but wouldnt take that chance again, my sled is too expensive to risk on a $25 part.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle over ride sensor. My 1000 was doing simular. I pulled my throttle block apart unplugged the sensor. Seems to run better now. Only did this last night, will find out tomorrow when I hit the hills.

Buddy of mime was saying one of his friends sled was doing that. Turns out it was his can. The exhaust flow through the can was causing false readings on the computer. Not to sure about the can, but I'd be trying to bypass you throttle sensor
I hope you have a tether installed, and wear it. Having the TSS disabled can result in an WOT sled hitting the bush, or worse yet, someone else.
M1's are notorious for the "bog". Get the airbox opened up so it can breathe, lots of venting, and check your APV cable adjustment. The mapping on the 09's was a bit rich, some performance & fuel economy to be had by adding a BD box and a A/F guage...

stonycat

Reaction score
It's a long shot. Check you hose that goes from hood to air box. It may be kinked. And collapses more under load. ..??

Top Bottom