2009 M1 Sno Pro 162

Gregb

Reaction score
Hello there,

I just purchased a new 2009 M1 Sno Pro 162 and i am wondering where to start for modifications.

I am thinking a new ypipe, pipe and can, new intake maybe new reeds and a boss seat.

Just wondering what brands of pipes/cans have been working and what people would recommend as well am i missing something for starter mods or is there something above that is probably not worth doing?

If i put a new pipe and can do i need a fuel control box?

Once mods are made, i have heard i should adjust my clutching, is there a how to book for clutching adjustment or should i just order the service manual for the sled.

Any other comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I just purchased a new 2009 M1 Sno Pro 162 and i am wondering where to start for modifications.

I am thinking a new ypipe, pipe and can, new intake maybe new reeds and a boss seat.

Just wondering what brands of pipes/cans have been working and what people would recommend as well am i missing something for starter mods or is there something above that is probably not worth doing?

Once mods are made, i have heard i should adjust my clutching, is there a how to book for clutching adjustment or should i just order the service manual for the sled.

I had 09 m1000 and i put a speedwerx pipe,ypipe and mbrp can,vforce reeds,big mouth intake and some bigger weights, boondocker fuel control box.
That thing just rip with that stuff on it just keep pulling up the hill.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 09 m1000 and i put a speedwerx pipe,ypipe and mbrp can,vforce reeds,big mouth intake and some bigger weights, boondocker fuel control box.
That thing just rip with that stuff on it just keep pulling up the hill.

Hey sledhead800, I have the same setup on my 2009 M1000 and was wondering what kind of Boondocker numbers you were running. I usually ride fernie area and a few trips to revy, so probably the same altittude you ran.
I am asking because I am trying to dial my sled in and I still have not got it just right. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jeremy

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP pipeset with PC 3 fuel controller. 80g weights, RK Tek torsional secondary conversion w/36 degree helix. Have fun.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i was you i would spend my seat money on a new cat seat. A little bit more weight but a whole lot more functional with the new look also.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i was you i would spend my seat money on a new cat seat. A little bit more weight but a whole lot more functional with the new look also.

And... they are quite a bit more comfortable than the Boss seats! Which makes a difference if you are on a long haul ride and don't want to stand the whole time. I don't like feeling like I'm riding on a 2x6 LOL. Just throwin it out there.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

We have set up a little kit for the Cats, which work really well. We run an SLP Pipe kit with an MBRP can, Boyesen Rage Cage, 1-3 degree timing key, Speedwerx Hi Flow Air Horn and Dalton Helixs. With the 1000s you do need a fuel control box, we often run the Boondocker Box but let the customer decide which one he prefers.

The clutching is partially dependant on your weight, your mods and the altitude at which you ride. You should'nt have to buy a service manual, your local dealer should be able to tell you what weights you need.... keeps 100+ bucks in your jeans!

Hope that helps =)

ken ringland

Reaction score
Hi,I just put a D&D Y-Pipe and Jaws Can on my M1000(2009)162" and Cutler IT 86gram weights and the sled pulls very hard.No over rev,7400rpm,65mph track speed climbing.I'm very happy with it .There is no bogging and very quick throttle response.Elevation that I ride in is 3000-6500 feet.

Bummer

Reaction score
Hey Ken
Are sure about the 65MPH or is it KPH I have the same set up and have talked to a couple of other M1000 owner and they seem to be getting 45 - 50 MPH or 70 - 75 KPh
Did you change gearing to M8? Dont get me wrong I am not saying your dosent do 65 but if it does I need your set up!!!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,I just put a D&D Y-Pipe and Jaws Can on my M1000(2009)162" and Cutler IT 86gram weights and the sled pulls very hard.No over rev,7400rpm,65mph track speed climbing.I'm very happy with it .There is no bogging and very quick throttle response.Elevation that I ride in is 3000-6500 feet.

Are you running a fuel controller with this setup?

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am running the same setup , no fuel controller and also running the juice. Works well.

Top Bottom