2009 hunting season

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a bad wreck with my horse on July 18th and don't know if I'll be healed in time for elk, you can hear them bugling during the rut from my firepit at night:d. Don't really hunt moose; if I see one while elk hunting I shoot it, they are all over the place within walking distance of my place as well. If I do hunt I'll have to use my rifle cause there's no chance my shoulder will be healed enough to draw my bow. Don't hunt deer at all cause they taste like s@#t, my pasture and hay field are full of them (I'm positive they know they're fairly safe here:rolleyes:). Hope everyone has a safe and successful season.

Cheers;
Shane

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did not draw for rifle season on elk in the unit I hunt so will be spear chucking again this year..... whole month of september

probably get a muley tag during the season if there are some good size bucks running this year... last year, didn't see too many deer and almost no bucks

I still don't see the big deal about hunting swamp donkeys....maybe someone could enlighten me!!!

Laker

Reaction score
This year im hopefuly going to pursue some mule deers and moose then dec 1-7 i will be hunting antlerless moose

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my muley draw finally. Went to do some scouting and get permission from landowners yesterday to find out a guy sued one of the landowners. The guy (some radio dude in cowtown) fell off a horse he was on for a charity ride. Settled out of court now the landowners aren't too gracious about allowing hunting on there property. Hope that doesn't wreck our draw we waited 3 years for. Anyway will be puttin up the outfitters tent rightaway. Go after whitetail, moose and maybe have a couple of pops. Hope everyone has a successful fall.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my season starts on tuesday, was planning on going out early that mornign but it seems i have a stupid meeting with my dink head vice princable that morning so ihave to go out for a evening white tail hunt!

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a elk draw for december in zone 348 does anybody know where they are.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we have been without a moose draw for 4 years before that we were stagaerd every other year and this year I got mine late season in 346 motherinlaw calling season in 346 and my wife and boy got 1 each in 348 in our back yard.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im planning a trip up to the saddle hills area for elk deer this October then it will be off to my deer area in the Battle river . never been to saddle hills but it sounds like a good area according to hunting buddies. GOOD LUCK TOO ALL !!!

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just sold the old browning 300 win mag . This year I will be hunting with my new browning x bolt ss 325 win short mag . Now all I have to do is fire a few rounds out of the beast . If anyone has a 325 , what are your thoughts on this caliber ??:):):beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my 17yr old son out saturday as he qualifies as a junior hunter.Hunted in high elevation 7000'.It was our first hunt of the season in the 09 camo rhino.we were after at least 4 point or better muleys as I have run into a few this past summer up there.Of course we only came across 4 does all day but it was great to get out early ahead of eveyone.Weather was a little cooler as it has been way too hot for hunting.I probably won't get back out till Oct 1st now as I have other commitments.we also have another junior hunt from Nov1-8 when they are rutting.Looking forward to a long season of hunting.Let my boy try a long shot out on a small lake to check accuracy and keep him motivated.the Browning a bolt SS stalker 25WSSM was dead on on.It was good to hear it go off:hunter2:

Top Bottom