2009 hunting season

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so who is all hunting this season and what for?

well i will be, im going to be putting in a draw near vanderhoof for bull moose with my grandpa, and ill be hunting bear and deer aroind blue river here,(deer are getting harder to hunt in our region, have to his up south more) and my uncle was thinking of taking me to the kootnays (sp?) for some elk hunting ( never been)

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down here, I put in for Elk rifle hunt, if I don't pull one of the limited tags Ill do the month long Archery hunt for deer/elk. Then the week after that closes waterfowl opens, so ducks/geese through mid jan. Pheasants open mid oct to first of Dec and ill spend some days shooting them too. That whole time grouse is open so most likely will eat a few of those. Oooo and almost for got the sage grouse hunt! Things are the size of small turkeys! Thats fun too. Pretty much keeps me occupied till its time to take the sled out of storage.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well i will be, im going to be putting in a draw near vanderhoof for bull moose with my grandpa, and ill be hunting bear and deer aroind blue river here,(deer are getting harder to hunt in our region, have to his up south more) and my uncle was thinking of taking me to the kootnays (sp?) for some elk hunting ( never been)
Hey talk to Powertool you guys could shot a bear then he can get his swizle stir stick to mix his drinks. This couild be a guiding opurtunity for you, lots of bears in alberta..

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
i know what this guy is hunting.....

elmer_fudd.jpg

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading out for deer forsure, and hopefully get my moose draw this year it's the third year i put it in so should get it for my zone. Elk will be next year (if the draw works out)

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will be bow hunting deer and moose in my backyard..... and mulelys down south

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be going elk hunting again this year and should also get drawn for bull moose. Bring on the camping with guns....:d

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hear you got bad rodents in your area called weiglers. Slimmy critters that crawl out fom under rocks in the mornig. Smell bad, look worse and no good to eat but a hoot to blast!!! After you bag one do you have to tag it?:eek:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elk, moose and deer are all legal at my farm during the Sept/Oct archery season so I'll just be putting in for black powder draw at Camp Wainwright.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going the end of August for big horn sheep, did get my Mule Deer draw this year, and then the usual white tail, elk, black bear, cougar and coyote's.:d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't get my moose draw again this year so it'll just be the usual Elk hunt. If it looks good in the cross hairs maybe it'll look just as good lying on the ground....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I`m good to go. Have a antlerless cow moose and antlerless elk. Now I need to do some shooting. Results came in the mail yesterday

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked my draws out on-line, there are still some draws that haven't been released yet.:d

850 xxxp

Reaction score
I got camp Wainright Deer. No luck on other draws but I will do the usual Elk/Deer and bear.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all of you that reload your own ammunition I need some help locating powder and primers. Apparently dealers are having troubles getting in stock and some sort of shortage????? :(

Hodgdon H380 powder and Federal premium #210 large rifle primers

Top Bottom