2009 dragon 800 Question

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
ok i was cleaning the valves on her the other day and noticed that the mag side spring is about a third the legnth of the clutch side and it had alot of rust, is that normal should they be different legnths. never delt wth valves before coldnt find it onine so any insight would be sweet. If im missing any "o" or "u's it because my keyboard sucks.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air box drain is right above the mag side exhaust valve cap and drips into it. Sounds like the spring is rusted in half,need new ones.This happens from washing the hood or your airbox is taking in snow.Might want to check your air box by putting a light in it and look for light around the headlight area and windshield.Orange spring is stock and pink for elevation. Hope this helps ya.

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
oh really , ch!t . i went for a ride today it seems to be running fine but ill get some new springs some for the mountains too. although I did get a blink of the engine light (first time ever). there were no parts of the spring in there though could it have poped out the little hole ?

geelak900

Reaction score
As mentioned, have a look at the underhood cowl right above the exhaust valve you will find the drain hole. Tape or silicon that one off and drill a new one an inch or two over. This will stop the drain from running right into the exhaust valve and rusting out the spring.

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
yea Im taking care of that now lol , But I'm guessing this was like this since I had the sled so i can't tell if it was running shitter, how much difference in power will this make with new springs, will it be noticeable? in the mountains with 62g weights I was pulling 8300 rpm so thats where it should be. PS don't buy an asus g74sx gaming laptop half the keys have to be beat for them to register lol

Top Bottom