2009 dragon 800 flooding when pulling over to start.

Ryan Cadeau

Reaction score
My 2009 dragon 800 blew up on me last year, so this summer I put a Indy spec. High torque motor in a new stator new voltage reg. new egt sensor, new plugs, new capacitor, cleaned up the ground cables, etc. and every time I pull it over it over fuels and will not start, if I clean out the fuel and let it sit for awhile it will start to roll over on the first pull but then just floods. I am getting very sick of trying to figure it out and can't seem to get a head as winter is coming.... Help.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try unplugging the fuel pump (at the top of the airbox) and pull it over. It should fire up burning the excess fuel and then die. Plug connections together and see if that helps. My 08' has the same issues once in a while, almost as if the injectors get stuck open and dump fuel.

Ryan Cadeau

Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea, thanks very much I am getting tired of throwing parts at it with no results, if that doesn't work I will be taking out to Chris. Thank you all for the suggestions

Ryan Cadeau

Reaction score
Well that worked but when I plug it back it will only run for a short period and flood and die. Grrrrr. Glad to actually hear it run though.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Could be the ecu. Try a know good one if you have one available. If it's not that I'd be willing to bet its a problem within your injector harness setup. Seen it a bunch of times. Pricey part.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that worked but when I plug it back it will only run for a short period and flood and die. Grrrrr. Glad to actually hear it run though.
just for the heck of it if you have the stuff needed, check your fuel pressure. Unhook the connector, get the unit running and then plug the pump back in and see what happens to the pressure. It should stay constant @ 60 psi give or take 3-4 psi. I almost wonder if the pressure regulator in the pump assem is stuck. I find it odd if it is any other problem that is fires up with the pump wires unhooked.

Top Bottom