2009 DMax Gmc 2500H.D

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See,don't always believe what you read,my Dad owns a 2009 d-max and gets good fuel mileage. Plus with just over 5000k on it,it gets better every fill up.

Worse thing is the noisy doors,squeak and rattle.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine. Just pulled the new 33.5 foot fifth wheel home a couple days ago and she handled it no problem. i had a very small oil drip from the front right wheel well, loose fitting repaired under warranty. I think i get decent milage but i also had a 6ltr gas before this. I can break 600K per tank running around town.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine. Just pulled the new 33.5 foot fifth wheel home a couple days ago and she handled it no problem. i had a very small oil drip from the front right wheel well, loose fitting repaired under warranty. I think i get decent milage but i also had a 6ltr gas before this. I can break 600K per tank running around town.

Is your truck stock or do it have a little bit of work done to yet?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600-650 km per tank is the norm ive seen. plus thats only 80 liters, the last 18 liters are reserve. give or take a few liters

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the '09 suffer from the transmission cooler line leaks all the earlier dmaxs suffer from?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't seem to have any leaks in mine.

The one thing I don't like is that the main head unit for the sterio is both cd/dvd so you have to keep changing from cd to dvd depending on what you are using. My 2003 the dvd head was in the overhead player so they were seperate. If that make sense.:)

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your truck stock or do it have a little bit of work done to yet?

Completely stock and will stay that way until off warranty. This might sound dumb but i have a truxedo tonneau which might make a very slight difference. The only factory upgrade was the offroad package which cam with i believe a 265/75/R17 tire combo. Or was it 285's. anyway ya stock.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do u call bad mileage? pulling and not pulling?

I average about 14.3L/100KM which is ruffly 17mpg. That is highway driving with my tool boxes in the bed that weighs about 1000lbs+. I also run a mud tire which isn't helping.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Alot for your help guys....i got the d-max today and i put 400 to 500 kms on it...And it was getting 12.9 and 13.3 Liters to 100k thats what it said the truck is new i was not pulling any thing, i was doing 115 to 120, the truck is stock.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yessterday we rode the Pine Pass. My truck is lifted, 35's, sled deck, two sleds, all gear, extra gas, extra diesel and I got 475 km out of one tank before I had to fill up in Chetwynd on the way home. I worked it out to 15.2 MPG which is not too bad considering doing 115 kmh -120 on the flat and pulling the Pine Pass twice. I do have a Bullydog triple dog GT tuner on performance, a cat back pipe and and AFE stage 2 air intake.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I do have a Bullydog triple dog GT tuner on performance, a cat back pipe and and AFE stage 2 air intake. "

You're not running a DPF delete programmer or exhaust?

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I do have a Bullydog triple dog GT tuner on performance, a cat back pipe and and AFE stage 2 air intake. "

You're not running a DPF delete programmer or exhaust?

nope truck is bone stock...i wanted to put a exhaust on but then i got to get a programmer to take that code off that sh*t dpf , the dealer said if i chip it that would blow off my Warranty so.....

Top Bottom