2009 Can Am Outlander 800R

bigrig73

Reaction score
i was wondering what the loudest exhaust is for the '09 Cam Am Outlander 800R. I want to upgrade mine. Also I ordered a set of 28x12X12 ( rear ), and 28X10X12 ( front ) Maxxis Mudzilla's for it. I was wondering if they will clear in the fenders? I also got a set of ITP 212 wheels for it too.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of that aluminum dryer vent routed up to your helmet should work. That way only you will be able to enjoy the rumble from the engine and not everybody else.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah HMF for sure they sound nice on the twins... aint grizzley bear loud but loud enuff. Also Iv hear good things about ron woods stuff on the outtys might even wanna check that out.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Grandpa !!! LONG LIVE LOUD PIPES !!!:cool:

Not a grandpa, only mid 30's.

Ask a stupid question, get stupid answers.
If you had asked what made the most power, that's a valid question. Picking a pipe based on what's loudest,is juvenile.

Ever notice how we seem to be losing riding area? Believe it or not, noise is one of the factors.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sigh.. drd. thing is , people will want to stand out until the end of time.

It starts like this.

Oh white brothers made a pipe that gives a extra 2 hp .. so people buy it and its loud.
Doctor D makes a pipe that gives 2.5 hp and its even louder.
pro circuit makes a pipe that gives 2.5hp but its even louder than the Doctor D pipe.

All the sudden its about who's louder and not about the HP of the bike anymore.

Personally to be honest. i bought my pipe for a HP increase and TBH i didn't get one that i can tell if i was to personally do it over again id leave it stock because i cant see the difference.

But some people feel they need to stand out in a cowed.. or have the newest or most extreme thing before a rally. usually the same dude that is stuck every time a big hole comes up and takes 10 people to pull out as well because he felt the need to try and go though a 5 foot deep mud hole.

But to each there own. I can only say so much. Ive tried a lot of mods myself. have only found a hand full actually worth the $ I've payed though.

I wouldn't get upset about it because its going to happen and he asked a strait question and i gave him a strait answer because if i didn't id be a hypocrite seeing i have a pipe and have friends i'm friendly with that have pipes as well.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with DRD, we are going to lose more and more riding areas and noise is one of the reasons. It just gives the tree huggers one more thing to complain about.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah true.... that way theres no excuse for yeah to get ran over when you hear me commin around the corner.

vinson4ever

Reaction score
DRD made a very valid point. We are losing countless of areas to ride, and one of the main reasons is certain people think that's it's cool to have the loudest bike on the road. Not good enough to just enjoy the ride and have fun. Added power is minimum when piped, and if your driving a 800, how much more do you really need. Until people get the idea that we can't ride in restricted areas, chewing up the trails beyond repair, and making unnessary noise with piped bikes, we will gradually loose our right to ride.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We don't need more load machine's. It makes those kind of people seem like they are not responsible to our sport. I like quadding, enjoying the scenery and I hate when I hear loud machines in the backcountry. It takes away from the experience of being "out there". I wish they were not available for sale anywhere. We will loose our right to ride.The city of Ed is seriously looking into charging Harley riders for their loud pipes within city limits. People don't want to hear them.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMF Penland. They are quiet when putting around and loud when you stab the fipper.

Top Bottom