2009 Arctic Cat Pic's

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Click Here

Here is what i was told from coworkers at the Show.

M's are 22 pounds lighter (29# if you spring Check with Boss Seat)

Crossfire's are 141" tracks with different tunnel

Crossfire R's are a 128" by i think 14" wide

Jag Z1 Turbo is 177hp (they say it smokes a F1000)

The M's have the Adj height Handlebars (not sure about Crossfire's)

They will offer a M8 162" Sno Pro this year along with the 153"

Spring Choice is 0-0-0 till March 09" plus 2 year warranty and $300 cat cash
(M's will get a free Boss Seat instead of the $300)

They will be publishing wheights' this year

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very Nice Bruce!
Welcome to the Kitty Cat Club!
How you liking that new M8!
catmando!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty wicked looking sleds...I like the new lightweight features and the two wheel "kit" from factory. The boss seat add-on is also pretty cool. Very nice paint jobs, my favorite being the army themed one. Overall look like pretty nice machines. (And this coming from a poo guy!)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has them up on their website, with spec sheets. Apparently they are saying that published weights are actual weights. Word is they may back this up with cash!

Personally I'm a bit disappointed. With 2010 around the corner I expected at least one new engine ready for consumer testing (SDI, DFI). I know Cat has been working on DFI for a few years now so where is it? To me, and this is just my opinion, they took the Crossfire chassis and made one sled out of old F parts and another out of M parts. So now you have CF 128 with the old skid, and a CF in a 141 with an M skid. I understand the direction and this should mean a pretty decent sled for the lake racers and for the off trail riders, but it almost flies in the face of what the demogrpahics say sledders with cash are looking for. Good news for those guys is the Jaguar Z1 Turbo...NICE JOB! Not sure why they would stray from the 136 to the 141 when the actual contact patch is only about 3 to 4 inches more. I do like the idea of the adjustable riser and hope it works well. Cat has stated that the parts to put the adjustable riser on sleds that don't have it will be available. Overall the improvements on the existing sleds are good ones. Many have stated that it was better for Cat to refine what they had than build a new line. Maybe so. Should do wonders for the mountain market as the improvements on the M's look great. Read a post about the climbing prowess of the new M's over the XP's in late testing. Apparently the M's repeatedly walked past any of the highest marks that could be made with an XP. They generated higher track speeds consistently. New track is super light and is supposed to push a lot of snow! I look forward to the field tests of these sleds. Still was hoping for at least one new sled with a DFI engine and perhaps some of the lightweight tricks from the new Sno Pro mod. I really liked the feel of the sled when I had a chance to sit on it. I suspect we may still see a late fall release of something in that direction. Till then I ride what I got.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has them up on their website, with spec sheets. Apparently they are saying that published weights are actual weights. Word is they may back this up with cash!

Personally I'm a bit disappointed. With 2010 around the corner I expected at least one new engine ready for consumer testing (SDI, DFI). I know Cat has been working on DFI for a few years now so where is it? To me, and this is just my opinion, they took the Crossfire chassis and made one sled out of old F parts and another out of M parts. So now you have CF 128 with the old skid, and a CF in a 141 with an M skid. I understand the direction and this should mean a pretty decent sled for the lake racers and for the off trail riders, but it almost flies in the face of what the demogrpahics say sledders with cash are looking for. Good news for those guys is the Jaguar Z1 Turbo...NICE JOB! Not sure why they would stray from the 136 to the 141 when the actual contact patch is only about 3 to 4 inches more. I do like the idea of the adjustable riser and hope it works well. Cat has stated that the parts to put the adjustable riser on sleds that don't have it will be available. Overall the improvements on the existing sleds are good ones. Many have stated that it was better for Cat to refine what they had than build a new line. Maybe so. Should do wonders for the mountain market as the improvements on the M's look great. Read a post about the climbing prowess of the new M's over the XP's in late testing. Apparently the M's repeatedly walked past any of the highest marks that could be made with an XP. They generated higher track speeds consistently. New track is super light and is supposed to push a lot of snow! I look forward to the field tests of these sleds. Still was hoping for at least one new sled with a DFI engine and perhaps some of the lightweight tricks from the new Sno Pro mod. I really liked the feel of the sled when I had a chance to sit on it. I suspect we may still see a late fall release of something in that direction. Till then I ride what I got.

Great reply ZRrrr,

However, as far as the Crossfire in a 128"... it will please alot of the Firecat Faithful who wish to replace ther aging Firecats. If you ever owned one you would find it hard to replace :confused: Maybe this is the stratagy for the 128"?? The 141" Crossfire hits a perfect note with me! The last two years I have said I would jump all over a Crossfire 8 with a 144" or 141" x 15" flipper. :)

Having a ditch banger 128" Crossfire meets the needs of the guys relacing their beloved Firecats. The 141" Crossfire Meets the needs of the riders who want to upgrade to more floatation for the steep and deep and still have a great trail sled. I ride a 144" firecat and ride hard, it handles awesome in the tight junk with minimal push, and is still a fine boondocking sled. I'm guessing a 141" Crossfire 8 will sell well, very well! I'm drooling already.

I'd buy a Crossfire 151" in a heartbeat let alone a 141" :twocents:

I liked your reply, good stuff.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quick get the cream and the kitty litter these guys are getting excited!!! HAHA Looking good Cat Lovers

GRD

Reaction score
Are new cats diamond drive or do they still have a chaincase?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great reply ZRrrr,

However, as far as the Crossfire in a 128"... it will please alot of the Firecat Faithful who wish to replace ther aging Firecats. If you ever owned one you would find it hard to replace :confused: Maybe this is the stratagy for the 128"?? The 141" Crossfire hits a perfect note with me! The last two years I have said I would jump all over a Crossfire 8 with a 144" or 141" x 15" flipper. :)

Having a ditch banger 128" Crossfire meets the needs of the guys relacing their beloved Firecats. The 141" Crossfire Meets the needs of the riders who want to upgrade to more floatation for the steep and deep and still have a great trail sled. I ride a 144" firecat and ride hard, it handles awesome in the tight junk with minimal push, and is still a fine boondocking sled. I'm guessing a 141" Crossfire 8 will sell well, very well! I'm drooling already.

I'd buy a Crossfire 151" in a heartbeat let alone a 141" :twocents:

I liked your reply, good stuff.

Some valid points Scott. So why didn't they just go with a ditch banger in the new chassis, or at least a version of?? Also, if your going to put an M skid in a CF for off trail, why the heck go 141?? Why didn't Cat go right to 144? Would have much more sense to me. A 128 in a 14 wide is fine, I understand the Firecat faithful aspect. So then why not put a bigger footprint under the CF with the 141? Polaris kept running their longer skid till people started demanding the 136 so that's what they did. Maybe this is Cats way of the happy medium between the 136 and 144,pushing the edge with a 141. We'll see how consumers embrace it. Still think they should have had at least one with new tech. Little birdie told me it still might come.

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is because of the 3" Pitch,you get the odd length of tracks

2.52" pitch you have 136,144,151,155 Polaris

2.82" pitch you have 146,154,163 Ski-doo

3"pitch you have 141,153 Arctic Cat

Just my thought's

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just my thought's

Ahh, sneaky, never thought of that. But is it a big weight savings? 141 only puts a whole 1 lug more on the ground than the 136. Cat obviously had a reason. It's those reasons I wish they would make public sometimes.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just my thought's

Summitbound.... great piece of intellectual information!! :D I've always wondered why some track lengths differ, from brand to brand, by only an inch???
Good stuff.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some valid points Scott. So why didn't they just go with a ditch banger in the new chassis, or at least a version of?? Also, if your going to put an M skid in a CF for off trail, why the heck go 141?? Why didn't Cat go right to 144? Would have much more sense to me. A 128 in a 14 wide is fine, I understand the Firecat faithful aspect. So then why not put a bigger footprint under the CF with the 141? Polaris kept running their longer skid till people started demanding the 136 so that's what they did. Maybe this is Cats way of the happy medium between the 136 and 144,pushing the edge with a 141. We'll see how consumers embrace it. Still think they should have had at least one with new tech. Little birdie told me it still might come.

ZRrrr...In my experience with this sled (Firecat/M/Crossfire chassis), I've ridden them all from 600 to 1000 versions and I always prefer the longer track variety. The longer the better in my opinion. However... I ride the deeper loose stuff more than the hard packed most of the time. I am glad to see Cat offering some unique track / suspension options for the Crossfire... Seems that Cat is giving their customers a wide variety of options. :) This is great right?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds good... I was told by dons speed aprts that the M8 162 weighs in at 456lbs.... And the M1000 162 snopro comes in at 486lbs... That is sweet.. Lots of pics of the "09's on cats website to... The adjustable bars and the new mean and nasty lookin track that the M's are coming with...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing i like about the new m's this year with th e electronic re verse is the fact that it should be really easy to put a camplast extreme 2.5" paddle track on one.. Last year it was tough due to the d/d reverse( size of case that stuck into tunnel)..

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm with certaintly that the 141 is indeed a 3 pitch? It's supposed to be a Cobra track which in all other sizes is a 2.52.

Top Bottom