2009 800

DiamondDave

Reaction score
My setup:
2009 Holdover D8 155 ES with 0 miles
2010 update and 1st flash
SLP Pipe, Y-Pipe and Can, SLP Intake
Ride 2,000-6,000 ft.

First ride 12 miles...Stock clutching, engine would over rev, deto light flash, engine very revy, total junk operation.

Also had the very bad stumble/bogg/lean spot on initial acceleration. Couldn't stand up and ride, otherwise you'd fly over the bars.

Before second ride...Ordered Carls Helix, added 2 grams (10-64's now) HUGE DIFFERENCE!! No more deto light, sled now felt like an 800 should. Still have the Bad stumble/bogg/lean spot that seemed to go away after 60-90 seconds of engine run time REGARDLESS of coolant temp. Loading the sled was very Sketchy.

Rode this way for a hundred miles, then ordered PowerCommander...

Installed the PCV installed the SLP map...no more stumble/bogg/lean spot. Engine has run spot on perfect. Gained 100-150 RPMS on the climbs. Plug checks have revealed IMO, perfect fuel/air. I am not running the 0-3000 FT accelerator option. I have ordered the Autotune and EGT's to verify this map is as good as it feels and corresponds with the plug reads.

In my conversations with SLP, they were pretty adimant about their map working best with the 2010 1st map. I don't believe anybody has had enough testing time with the 2nd 2010 Polaris map to have a universal PCV map yet. However, that could change anyday now.

IMO, the PCV along with an EGT is by far the best add-on you could install on the 800 CFI

Assaulted

Reaction score
So, picked up the SLP single pipe (with can and Y) and have installed.

SLP recommends their MTX weights for their stage two kit so have them on order - seem heavy. 71g + 5g for low elevation and 68g + 5g or 3g for the mountains.

Pink exhaust valve springs are on order as is a blue/pink primary spring.

Sledwerx has provided their pipe map to me and SLP has provided their map - not sure which to use.

Comments?

Top Bottom