2009 800

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Just wondering of you with the 800 s, Have you noticed a decrees in power with 2010 update that Polaris came out for the 09 s.Ive being a Polaris man for as long as I can remeber but I have to say Im at the end of my rope!!Im in Manitoba and the bottom line is these things just are not working here. Between detination problems and B.S. codes that keep comming up. I bought a sled last year that was suppose to have 154 HP. With these up dates they put out what maybe 135HP. WHAT A JOKE!! With that being said it does work so so in the mountains but still.SHAME SHAME on you Polaris!!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what codes are you getting?put a light weight can on for low elevation riding.have dealer verify tps setting,have gone through all this on my 800 155 dragon,it runs great now with no fuel controler,about 700 miles since updated pistons

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
I have an slp pipe and can worked great last year but goes into limp mode around 4500rpm now due to lean.I bought a pc 5 fuel controller to help solve the prob because Polaris is taking forever with there new flash.The elevation is a bit lower here and seems to be a big factor here.They are also having problems with 2010 Assualts and RMK. Question though, did you notice a diffrence in power from last year? They dropped the comp with this up date.Nice sled by the way!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have slp y and pipe,run the thing can.When I had the slp can on I noticed a stumble on enguagement,put on the thing and went away also pulled a couple hundred rpm's.I run at 2200 ft and pulling 72grams of weight.These 800's like lots of weight.

rockydaug

Reaction score
I've lost at least 200-300 rpm since the update, last year was pulling 70 grams at 2000 ft, this year down to 66 grams, and barely at 8000 rpm. Sled is completely stock, tried slp & mbrp, mufflers, no change, took it to the dealer and got a $500.00 bill, same thing. Tried 62 grams at 2000 ft, hit 8200 rpm, but sled had no pull to it at all, well maybe time to try different brand.:(

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
My rpm is down as well, did a comp last night and down 10 lbs on thepto side.There update isnt the answer,not even close.Too the dealer we go again.

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Yup,09 800 NUMBER 3 REBUILD,I am really nervous on whats goin to happen next year when this things off warrenty.My dealer is goin to the big show next week and is goin to be raising kain with Polaris. There is a pile of 800 s around here that are not cutting it.This so called up date isnt the anwser,they took compresion away wich is why alot of us cant pull the wieght we did last year.154hp is now 130 or less.They have one of the best chas out there but way off on the engine. I strongly advise those of you who are not happy e mail or write polaris a letter,If you dont then they dont think they have a problem here!!!

rockydaug

Reaction score
Went to the hills on the weekend, 5000 to 7000 ft., 62 gram weights and SLP muffler, sled only hit 7850-8000 rpm, this is bad enough, but 4 times it went into detonation mode. Running premium gas the first day, second day added octane boost (I don't believe in magic in a can, but!!!) still no help, sled is at the dealership, hoping to undo update. Maybe time for a set of flat slides! :realmad::realmad:

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Did you happen to notice what RPM you were at when you light came on? Had the same problem here at 4200 RPM, resorted to a fuel controller to fix problem.

rockydaug

Reaction score
Refuse to spend $500 bucks on fuel programmer, when I plan on trading it off next fall, but having a real hard time with the idea of giving Polaris another chance to screw me over again, to bad, loved the sled last year and like the looks of the PRO RMK.

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Ya I here ya brother, Id like very much to give that 155 rush a go but with the BS that went on here in the last 2 years I think all wait.Here they built another new 800 motor so what does that tell us about these ones.Dont mean to sound like a winer but its sure a real kick in the pants.

MURFDOG

Reaction score
Polaris should just give us a 2011 motor replacement, I see that they are offering 4 year warranty with the snowcheck.

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Roomer has it that there looking at doin something for us, not sure what but there very aware of issues. So will hope for the best.My buddy is in R and D in Rroseu and he says the new 800 Assualt and RMK are by far a better runner and the chas is incredible.The only thing he said to watch for is the RMK might need scratchers on hard trails to help cool do to a signal rear cooler as for the Assault has two and wont have a prob. The new motor looks the same on the out side but is totaly diffrent inside other than crank.He also said this thing will sidehill into places you never thought possible . WHOOT WHOOT, cant wait!!

rockydaug

Reaction score
Not sure, but from the pictures on Polaris, I see it has the same coolers as the 2010's except for the holes along the tunnel. By the way, any ideas on the reasoning for the holes, it can't be for light weight, they would only add up to a pound or two.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but from the pictures on Polaris, I see it has the same coolers as the 2010's except for the holes along the tunnel. By the way, any ideas on the reasoning for the holes, it can't be for light weight, they would only add up to a pound or two.

The coolers on the RMK are the same as 2010, but look like they aren't as wide. The holes on the tunnel are for weight. They talked about them in one of the videos. A pound here a pond there, it adds up. The Pro-RMK 163 i snowchecked is 50 pounds lighter than my 09 800 RMK. That's insane!

Assaulted

Reaction score
2009 Assault with PCV and Sledwerx map - pulls 8200 rpm with 62 gram weights in Saskatoon, 68 gram for Revy. Runs great with no stumble, etc. I run premium non-ethanol fuel only with the wires connected. Also added iridium plugs at the same time as the PCV (both are supposed to address the stumble).

Pistons look good, sled pulls hard. Am thinking of adding the SLP pipe and can but will need to change the map.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 Assault with PCV and Sledwerx map - pulls 8200 rpm with 62 gram weights in Saskatoon, 68 gram for Revy. Runs great with no stumble, etc. I run premium non-ethanol fuel only with the wires connected. Also added iridium plugs at the same time as the PCV (both are supposed to address the stumble).

Pistons look good, sled pulls hard. Am thinking of adding the SLP pipe and can but will need to change the map.

The SLP pipe works really good. Not just the extra HP, but the weight savings is definitely noticeable. Although if your already running a light weight silencer the difference may not be that much.

Assaulted

Reaction score
I found a new pipe close to home for a good price, picking up tomorrow AM - thanks for the "offers". Still not sure if I will keep my '09 or snow check a 155 Assault...

Top Bottom