2009 700 rmk 155

braap braap58

Reaction score
I posted this on the Polaris section and didn't get any responses. I was wondering if anybody had this sled. A guy has a completely stock one for $4500 but it has about 5000 miles on it. Can I get your opinions? Looking to upgrade my sled staying with polaris and go for fuel injection.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say at 5000 miles the motor is really tired and needs rebuilding. The clutches could be shot or could be new if they have been replaced recently.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that thing is miled out man. but the 700s are good motors. but don't expect to buy that thing without fixing something MAJOR.

braap braap58

Reaction score
I forgot that they just put new pistons in to ensure maximum horsepower and replaced some of the seals and cleaned the engine is what I was told

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one with 4000km on it and it is still running strong and the compression is at 125 on both cylinders with nothing done to it. take a compression guage to make sure it hasn't lost compression

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my 08 700 makes the 800's take notice even think twice! They are very fun and easy to ride, and the best part is its the best motor polairs had going during the time of the Iq. I have done the top end in mine once, but it has never let me down. The top end if done at the dealer is about $2000 so you'll still have $6000 sled once done and with trusty power plant. Things to look for is the front bolts that hold the rear skid to the tunnel, look for stress cracks in the tunnel. Plus look at the running boards and see if they are bending or not. Sings of jumping the or hard riding to look for. Other then that go threw it with a fine tooth comb!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa. It took me with a broken and bent skid and track... There sparky

Seems not a bad deal if its been looked after

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom