2008xp convert to etec

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a written off 2011 xp etec with low miles and a 2008 climber 174 built up chassis with a blown motor.

im not asking because im set on doing this but i am wondering if it is possible since i have all the peices.

to me it seems like it should work i cant think of a reason it wouldnt.......

let me know

thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your asking us? Lol. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Everything should swap over as they are the same chassis.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It feels good to be needed doesn't it? Lmao!

LOL well when it comes to mods this is the only one I have not done so I just wanted to get a little discussion going about the possible issues or challenges.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously it should physically fit, the things to look for would be engine mounting holes being the same, and other mount related items.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a written off 2011 xp etec with low miles and a 2008 climber 174 built up chassis with a blown motor.
im not asking because im set on doing this but i am wondering if it is possible since i have all the peices.
let me know
thanks

Give me your etec(or a sweet price on it) and I'll stuff it in my 08 and I'll let you know how it went :beer:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can think would be an issue is maybe some of the wiring connectors may have changed but as long as you have all components, you should be good.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

let me know

thanks

chassis wise, it is the same. I know this as i order a 2012 e-module PTO right side seperately for my 08 chassis. Fit was perfect except for the 1 revised mount hole. So with regards to engine mounts and mountaing locations it should be the same. Only things i would be concerned about is stuff like fuel pump/tank, oil pump/tank, and wiring.

Be cool to see the final weight on this type of mod. WOuld really settle the great debt on the 08 to 12 and newer weights.:beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With enough time, anything is possible. I helped one guy get unstuck last year that had an 07 rev, but I thought it didnt quite sound right. When I asked about it, he said that he had wedged an ETEC into his rev chassis.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler got it right, you will need the fuel pump and everything from the fuel system as well. Double check the oil sysem components as its an electronic pump, all the electrical of course, but there is nothing physically preventing this.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Anything to find a way around buying a new one hey maxwell? Going to lengths as far as putting a couple sleds together to make a new one!

Top Bottom