2008 summit oil adjustment

stewmcl

Reaction score
2008 summit using 1 1/2 l per tank of oil cable is not broken . Dose a yon know how to Adjust the cable and what it should measure at

finndoo

Reaction score
Sorry I can't remember the measurement but when I had to adjust mine I found a good thread on dootalk that had pictures from the factory manual on how to measure and adjust. If no one gives you better info you may have spend abit of time searching on dootalk. Good luck

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull cable housing ( top of adjuster) out of adjuster. The gap should be 16.5mm

finndoo

Reaction score
On dootalk go to rev xp/xp's chassis. Then type in oil pump adjustment in the search box. There is a three page thread with pics and measurements. It was posted on jan 15 2008 and last updated on dec 20 2008. Sorry I don't know how to post a link.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1.5 liters per say 40 liters is about right if ur wot lots .. that's about what my 10 uses...
About 30 to 1

More oil isn't bad, it's probably good for a 08
sent while I should be drinking tea's

Last edited:

stewmcl

Reaction score
I found that only had 12.5 mm gap so adjusted it to 16.5 only thing is that used all the adjustment so its going to have to be enough . im heading to invermer b.c tonight so hope its good . thanks for the help

finndoo

Reaction score
When my adjustment was out I put a bit of oil in the gas tank to make sure I was safe until I could run a couple of tanks of gas through the sled and make an average calculation of oil usage. My problem was a bent bracket so I wanted to make sure I didnt run it lean on oil after a major change on the adjuster. Have a good ride

Top Bottom