2008 Summit hood / panels.

Reaction score
Just a tip for anyone who may be considering doing anything similar. The pin-stripe tape I bought (Canadian Tire) looked great .................. for about 24 hours. I was going to clear coat over the tape, but it had already started to come off in less than a day just sitting on the table. I wish I had the skill/confidence to do it with paint. In any case the pin-stripe tape was a no go and had to be removed. The upside, I guess, is that it didn't hurt the paint at all. Perhaps a better brand would have worked better. I may still try and paint the pinstripes on after the clear coat(s).

This tape just doesn't adhere well to plastic. *live and learn*

Reaction score
frickin' Oilers, eh? mind you they do show spurts of brilliance ;)

They make me very sad. It was only 2 or 3 years ago that the Oilers had a top rated power play.... they were wicked and they still have all the same players.. it's baffling. They actually seem worse now. Even/especially Hall... I've been a fan my entire life, but I can't handle too many more losing seasons and dull games they piss away.

If we don't beat Calgary this weekend, maybe I'll just jump ship and start rooting for the flames... *cringe*

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They make me very sad. It was only 2 or 3 years ago that the Oilers had a top rated power play.... they were wicked and they still have all the same players.. it's baffling. They actually seem worse now. Even/especially Hall... I've been a fan my entire life, but I can't handle too many more losing seasons and dull games they piss away.

If we don't beat Calgary this weekend, maybe I'll just jump ship and start rooting for the flames... *cringe*
I know what you mean... very disheartening, that they just can't play 60 minutes. You can only take so much losing before moving on, and I'm just about to that point, and I'm always the Optimist in the crowd.... Sad

Reaction score
Well... I finaly managed to get it all done and put the panels back on. This was my first look at it all-together. I'm happy. I also fired up the sleds.... nothing like 2-stroke fuel to make me want to sled RIGHT F'N NOW! lol

Okay.. here is a reminder of the "before":
2 (2).jpg

and.... a few of the "afters":
WP_000013.jpg WP_000014.jpg WP_000016.jpg WP_000018.jpg

Summary: It's a cheap alternative to a wrap, provided you have the time and inclination to spend several weekends doing it properly. If it doesn't hold up well, it can still be wrapped later. ...... win-win!

Top Bottom