2008 Summit hood / panels.

Reaction score
I bought this 2008 Summit last year, in a pinch as we needed to replace two stolen sleds, with very short notice. I have no issue with it, it was plenty of fun for me.

One thing I wanted to do in the off season was remove all the decals from the place I bought it.... either paint the panels or buy a new skin. So the question is, is there anyone who does this type of thing in the Calgary area? Paint panels? Sell skins/wraps? I have already removed all the decals, it took hours. Removed all the glue and residue etc.. I am planning on painting it this weekend, depending on the responses here. I'm not worried if it isn't perfect/showroom quality as it's a 2008 anyway.

I have already bought the paint (skidoo yellow and gloss black) for what I envision in my head....... but maybe it's just better to pay someone, if it's a reasonable price?

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? (I already have all the painting advice I need, if I do it myself).

Thanks everyone.

2 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Yup, so it seems. I should have mentioned hunting, NDP or bacon, I might have got some input.

Thanks for the help 101!

Reaction score
My pleasure...... I always enjoy talking to you anyway. ;)

I got a lot of it done on the weekend.... prepped and taped and a few coats... I wasn't sure how the yellow would cover some parts of the black but it seems to work great. So far I am only working on the two hood pieces, and have one of the two side panels taped off. I'll tape off the other side panel tonight and start painting those two this weekend.

Thanks for all the help. :)

Reaction score
Not too many people paint plastic on there sled these days, Id say get a new wrap, if you want a new look.

Here is a link to Spiralas designs in Calgary. They can help you out,

Sled Wraps, ATV UTV Graphics, Moto decal kits

You may actually know this..... I was hoping to also do the small windshield.. but I am not sure how to remove it. It looks like "clips" of some kind, but I am afraid I'll break it trying to take it off. Is there a trick?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey yeah sorry, I dont really know anything about 2008 Summit XP's. That is a Polaris right?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either paint the panels or buy a new skin. So the question is, is there anyone who does this type of thing in the Calgary area? Paint panels? Sell skins/wraps? I am planning on painting it this weekend, depending on the responses here. I'm not worried if it isn't perfect/showroom quality as it's a 2008 anyway.

(I already have all the painting advice I need, if I do it myself).

No thanks.... I think wraps are tacky. It's like putting a bumper sticker on a new car.... I'll pass.

Oh silly me : ( :

Last edited:

Reaction score
I finished round one on the two hood pieces.... basically the primer coats, and have now begun the initial coats on the two side panels while the other pieces cure. After I get the first 5 primer coats down I'll let it all sit for a week and then do a super-fine sand and put on a couple more coats, then clear coat all of it. I'm stoked. Here are a couple pictures (from last weekend) of the prep-work and initial stages.

x.jpg y.jpg

Once the first stage is done I will re-tape and paint what is covered now, glossy black. The side panels are taking the yellow really well.

Reaction score
Wow dude, why not just spend $300 on a wrap and have exactly what someone else has? This seems like a lot of work!

Reaction score
Wow dude, why not just spend $300 on a wrap and have exactly what someone else has? This seems like a lot of work!

It is probably more work than buying a skin.... but I'm just not in to stickers... this way it will be one of a kind, made with my own hands, and I can add a couple small "Batman" touches that match the trailer I re-built last year. I see a spot on the hood (where the green tape is now) that may be a great spot for the Batman logo.

14.jpg

Reaction score
Kinda surprised the mods haven't put an end to this foolishness yet.

Why, because no one else can be bothered to pipe up?

- This forum is seriously one of the most fickle I've encountered. Tight knit high-schoolish cliques ... all they talk about is politics then rant that other sites are filled with politics... lol uh huh.
- Ask for Cataract creek conditions... get berated for putting it in the wrong forum. Re-post it in the proper place after scouring the disaster that is the forum list, and never get a single response.
- Offer to help clean up Cataract creek, not a single response...... people begging for others to get involved... and what happens when you try? Ignored.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I tried to chime in and ur a dick,,, no wonder no one wants to "help" you out.

Looks like you gotter figured any how

75f3a91b92540a80cdb31301f157de3eb8d77f076a2c3d368e00f30586aeb0fb.jpg

Reaction score

Reaction score
Hahaha, why mad bro..... truth hurt? I'm a dick? Are you 10? Anyway... have a nice day lildick.... thanks for all the help.

Don't worry about the butthurt 101.... it's not worth the time. Just use their trails and enjoy....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, why mad bro..... truth hurt? I'm a dick? Are you 10? Anyway... have a nice day lildick.... thanks for all the help.

Nope not mad at all. Why would I be. Just can see why no one wants to talk to you.

And I will have a nice day. You too.

Top Bottom