2008 rmk recomended upgrades?

Keng

Reaction score
well i have a 2008 RMK 700 and im looking for a list of recomened upgrades.. anything that could help performance and top speed or what you find works best.

remember i live in ontario. so i dont have a steep and deep like there.

forginator

Reaction score
Gee Man I think you got the wrong sled! If you want to give that thing some speed and make it a lake racer you need to get rid of the paddle track and go with a 1" or inch and a quarter track.Then change the bottom gear in the chaincase to at least a sprocket with 2 more teeth.If you go to your dealer and get him to tell you what gear they use in a Swithback and also clutch the same as a Switchback you should get what you are looking for!
But that paddle track is the killer for speed.............you just can't get top end with a paddle track.It gets to top end quick.....but then it quits......it just won't "build speed" like those low profile tracks do!
Good luck dude!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks usa 159 crossover comes with 1.5 inch lugs, Switchback gearing, big wheel/axle kit to take up the slack in the track, slydog powder hounds with 7.5 shapers.

From what i gather that is what i might do to my 08 700 rmk. The slydogs will make it handle better on the trail, the track/gearing will give it more top end. But it will still side hill the ditch and boondock and float in the fields but when i hit the trail or have low snow conditions it will go fast like the short tracks and you wont destroy your track

Top Bottom