2008 M8 vs some trees

2skis

Reaction score
Strange reason to by a doo......it's why I bought a $20 tether cord and installed it on my Cat though. :rolleyes:

The main reason for buying a Doo is i hate the new cats and love the new XM chassis. The teather wasnt the # 1 selling feature thats for sure.
And all the guys i ride with all have 800 Etecs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean the one that constantly screws up? The $20 one works far better than DESS.

Geez ive been riding with DESS since 1999 with no problems. Must be one of the lucky ones I guess? LMAO

2skis

Reaction score
That's bad, ouch --- did you have insurance and they covered you okay?...... Only t-team could give you a run, but i think you're the winner........... :)

Yep insured. It was not enough to cover the loan on it, however the price they gave me i believe was fair for the miles on it.(7600K) SGI gave me $5400.00 for it. You guys think thats fair???

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say that is a fair price. I have seen sleds for sale in Alberta with 1/3 the miles for cheaper than that.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the most damage I have seen on a m! Sucks that you couldn't save it before it ran off on you.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id say 90% of the guys I see on doos arent wearing the tether anyway, so really does it even matter

Friggin cats and no teather.

Just stupid to me they don't come with them.

Well I guess that's what happens

sent from my HTC while working

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had three days in the last couple years ruined by the DESS, two were due to a failure of the tether key itself, and one was due to losing the tether in a rollover (he was not wearing the tether)

Geez ive been riding with DESS since 1999 with no problems. Must be one of the lucky ones I guess? LMAO

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does one owe $5400+ on an almost 6 year old sled?

Yep insured. It was not enough to cover the loan on it, however the price they gave me i believe was fair for the miles on it.(7600K) SGI gave me $5400.00 for it. You guys think thats fair???

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
0 down no payments till next spring. Come on in we'll sign you up I'm thinking

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had three days in the last couple years ruined by the DESS, two were due to a failure of the tether key itself, and one was due to losing the tether in a rollover (he was not wearing the tether)

Shitty Deal:confused: Guess the 50 other people I know running dess are pretty lucky too...lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tip for your buddy,, if you arent going to where the tether at least clip it too your sled...

As has been said sooo many times on s&m "cant fix stupid" LMAO

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty thing is all of these guys had spare keys but didn't bring them with, the reason they bought a spare was for the very reason of having one fail or losing one yet none of them actually bring the key with them sledding, its always left at home......... doh!!!! comes to mind when this happens.

Shitty Deal:confused: Guess the 50 other people I know running dess are pretty lucky too...lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One would think people are smart enough to figure this out the easy way, however most figure it out the hard way, I just happen to ride with doo guys a fair bit and seem to always get bit in the ass by their stupidity

Tip for your buddy,, if you arent going to where the tether at least clip it too your sled...

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tether doesn't do much good when this happens lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366168814.792261.jpg

Sent from a iPhone

2skis

Reaction score
How does one owe $5400+ on an almost 6 year old sled?

Well baught only 3 seasons ago. Low miles so paid out the ass, plus loan insurance, plus interest, on a 5 yr loan. That would be why.

Top Bottom