2008 M8 track swap

mattthegreat

Reaction score
just wondering how hard the dimond drive is to take apart on a cat doing a track swap. is it hard than with a chain case or easier. any info on this would be great thanks.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont need to take the diamond drive apart. You need to take the brake caliper off and when the brake caliper is off the shaft is hollow with a bolt in it you'll need a 12" extension and i thinkg it's a 5/8" socket take that bolt out and the shaft slide apart. Diamond drives are the easiest to change tracks on. take a look at a parts break down it'll help you get an idea of what im talking about. i've done 2 tracks now on diamond drives it only take max 2 hours.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's the parts break down. Alpha Sports - Arctic Cat Snowmobile Catalog
First lock on your brake to hold the brake disk(rotor) from rotating, and remove the bolt at the enter of the disk. Then release the brake and remove the caliper you dont need to take the brake line off just let it hang off to the side, now remove the brake disk. There is another bolt way down in the hollow shaft where you took off the brake disk. Remove that bolt and now you drive shaft should slide over enough to get the track out once the skid is removed.

f7firecatkid

Reaction score
you dont even need to take the brake caliper off. just take the rotor retaining nut off, the bolt inside the axle (all on right side of sled). take the clutch out, unbolt the nuts on the dd on the left side, pull the whole assembly out and let it stay in the belly pan. pull the drive shaft out and track. if its like my friends f6 when we did that we had to beat the drive shaft out because it was stuck in there. its not that hard once you've dont it once or twice.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I will be doing a track swap in the next week or so. Is this the same info for a 2010 model as well?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well got it apart and new track in. Gotta get some parts from ralphs tomorrow for the DD
Having a bit of trouble getting the track perfectly even in reference to the rear idler wheels
The drivers were on pretty good. Had a 2x4 beating on them
Sure could use that special socket for the brake rotor nut though

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got it apart and new track in. Gotta get some parts from ralphs tomorrow for the DD
Having a bit of trouble getting the track perfectly even in reference to the rear idler wheels
The drivers were on pretty good. Had a 2x4 beating on them
Sure could use that special socket for the brake rotor nut though

I've got that, but it probably doesn't do you any good right now, lol.

I've sold my M since then. If someone else needs it I could probably let it go for a good deal ��

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I've got that, but it probably doesn't do you any good right now, lol.

I've sold my M since then. If someone else needs it I could probably let it go for a good deal 😊

You have the brake rotor socket ? I still need one to torque that nut. It's 120 ft lbs I hear

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have the brake rotor socket ? I still need one to torque that nut. It's 120 ft lbs I hear

If this is the one you mean, then yes :)

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom