2008 M8 Throttle stuck

2skis

Reaction score
Yesturday we went for a ride and we were hitting some banks we found. I went up a bank with it WOT and went i let off my sled made a loud bang. (sounded like my belt exploding) and my throttle was stuck on. It happened so fast but i remember pushing the trottle twice and it was loose just like the cable broke, so i hit the kill switch. I opened the hood and checked everything seemed fine. Cable was working fine. I thought maybe it was a sticky cable but that doesnt explain the loud bang. It started and ran fine all the way home. Anyone have an idea of things i should be looking closer to? Something starting to wear out one me. Any help would be great! THanks
My sled is 2008 M8 with 4005 miles on it. Everything original but primary clutch

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my CF 800 the cable kinked instead of going back in at the sheith at the throttle block, Lucky it was a long straight streach, I was able to open the throttle and straigthen the cable. (only happened once)

But I am getting teathers put on both my 800 and my 1000, I'd hate to fall off in that situation and wreck my sled.

Top Bottom