2008 M8 Gill Vents

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I installed a set of gill vents on my 08 M8 because there was too much heat and i already cooked one belt. I drilled 8 1 1/2 holes in each side pannel.
It helped alot but it still gets too hot. Just wondering if anyone else has installed these and if so how much did you cut out of your side pannels?

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you talking about the boondocker gill vents? and my answer is no i haven't i just have the mesh vents and for those i cut out almost my entire side panel... plenty of cooling on both sides now... strange you are having troubles with belts... last year i rode mine stock and didn't cook a belt... still haven't cooked a belt... i changed the belt out cuz i thought 1030 miles was enough on one belt lol... maybe look at getting the clutches aligned if they are that hot?

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them aligned last year and everything was ok. I am going to try cutting out some more of the side pannels and hopefully that helps

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gill vents on my XP with 8 or 9 1.5inch holes drilled and haven't had any problems with heat at all. Some guys cut the whole piece out but I tend to bump into things so I decided to keep a bit of support

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I installed a set of gill vents on my 08 M8 because there was too much heat and i already cooked one belt. I drilled 8 1 1/2 holes in each side pannel.
It helped alot but it still gets too hot. Just wondering if anyone else has installed these and if so how much did you cut out of your side pannels?

Installed Gill Vents from Altitude Performance to the wife’s 09 M8 last weekend rode all day lot’s of powder no heat issues at all. I did remove the stock heat protector insulation and replaced with High temp foil tape on the inside then drilled ½” holes in a tight pattern of the gill area rather then cutout the entire panel just for some added strength. She is also running a SLP Ceramic coated can noticed very little heat build up they seam to vent very well also on the clutch side to protect from snow getting in there is a fine mesh screen that comes with the vent kit is placed between the vent and side panel. As well I removed the stock insulation for better cooling on the clutch side.

AAGillvent.jpg

Top Bottom