2008 m1000 were they any good?

Sleds

Reaction score
Hey geys just wondering if the arctic cat m1000s were good in reliability and I was also wondering if the 1000s were notorious for anything :confused:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were notorious for having gobs of power if you throw a few mods at them! If you're gonna stay stock, better off with a 2010 or newer M8 though.

Lots of guys didn't think much of them, but I absolutely loved my '07. Wish I still had it. Pretty easy to make another 20+ horsepower, though it took a bit of tuning to get it there. Mine was very reliable. Over 5000kms on it when I sold it and only one precautionary top end. They're a little fussy about skis. Powder Pros worked well, Simmons sucked. The '08 suspensions were much better than the '07's. I had Timbersled in mine so no issue. Lots of guys put M8 gearing in them too. I tried that and changed it back to stock. Just a heavy M8 with that gearing in my opinion. Gotta change out the transfer gear bearing in the Diamond drive with a double row 3203 and then it'll last with regular maintenance. AC dropped the ball big time on that one.

Great sleds! I miss mine!:d

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly what he said^^^^^^^^^^I missed my 07 as well until I put my turbo on the new one, like moyie said minor changes to make the m1000 work well

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 09 162! 1800miles and not an issue. Ypipe, can and some clutching and it rips! Just put raptor front shocks on and wow! I always say I will trade up next year, then I ride a new style 800 sled and then realize the power difference. Will likely ride it a couple more years! Also the 2009 skid is different than the 08.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also.....if you're gonna run the stock camo track, turn it around. Works much better.

Hooligen

Reaction score
Hey geys just wondering if the arctic cat m1000s were good in reliability and I was also wondering if the 1000s were notorious for anything :confused:

If you bought or are buying, let me know i have all the parts these guys are talking about for sale. Cheap cheap. have a post in M1 section

Top Bottom