2008 Grizzly motor running noisy

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 grizzly with clutch kit is all. I have found when comparing it to others that mine sounds a bit noisier, not running ruff or anything like that, it idles good and runs good just seems to have more of a rattle coming from the engine and just a plain ruff sound (It is Noisy). I was hoping it was in the clutch but pulled it a part and seems to be good. Is it possible that the valves need set after only 700km? Any good knowledge appreciated. Thanks

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it is not that, it is something around or a part of the motor. But thanks

Mikehunt

Reaction score
When you pulled the clutch apart did you see if the was any grease on the rollers in the primary sheave still?

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to tell if the sound is coming from your clutch area or high in your engine.

Yes, some grizz's need their valves adjusted well before the standard line of "1000kms". It's not hard to do yourself. Or I think it's about $150 at a dealer - assuming you don't have any other mods.

I'd suggest that - yes - your valves need to be adjusted. I'll bet that's what it is. They will be tight. Download the grizz manual. It has a good step by step if you want to do them yourself.

good luck

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks all found it finally, cam chain was done, all stiff not sure what caused it.

Top Bottom