2008 Gmc 2500

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a 2008 3/4 ton GMC with a 6.0L ,4:10 gears,and a six speed tranny .Anyone have one of these trucks that can tell me how well they pull a trailer.The trailer i have now is a 25 foot travel trailer.Empty it weighs 4500#. Thanks

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 2500hd with a 6.0L AND 4:10 gears. It well have no trouble pulling your trailer. The only thing with the 6.0L is it likes the fuel. I aveage pulling trailer about 12mpg and empty around 16 mpg. The power is there and no lack of it. Hopeful this helps you out

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF you are welling to spend the money you can get more MPG out of the 6.0l, but it well run a guy about $3500.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a 2007 2500hd with a 6.0L AND 4:10 gears. It well have no trouble pulling your trailer. The only thing with the 6.0L is it likes the fuel. I aveage pulling trailer about 12mpg and empty around 16 mpg. The power is there and no lack of it. Hopeful this helps you out

So there is no lack of power ,,How big or heavy is your trailer?I had everything in order (money wise)and there were 2 trucks in alberta that Airdrie GM was going to phone on and they are both gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the salesmnan phoned everywhere trying to find one.So i have to wait till August at least to maybe get one ...That axel strike just Fuc#ed them.A Diesel is about 150 2 200 bucks a month more,,so I mean if you are not pulling stuff in the winter, just summer it is not worth it to me,and i only drive 15 min. to work ,,kinda hard on it i think.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have chevy's in stock that fit what you are looking for!!! a black full load and a silverbirch one with cloth and buckets.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
i have chevy's in stock that fit what you are looking for!!! a black full load and a silverbirch one with cloth and buckets.

Iam looking for a leather one ,everything except the sunroof and nav.system.1sd group or something.And i have a trade .Black is good!!!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the truck but get the diesel instead of the gas, you get better mileage.

Not if you can get mileage like this guy,

I aveage pulling trailer about 12mpg and empty around 16 mpg.
Lots of '08 Dmax getting about that.

You should be able to get a pretty good deal on one right now. I heard that you can get a new LTZ Duramax for around 45k now, here in Canada. Personally I think I'd look around in the states if you can't find a smokin deal here.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I bought one from Stettler G.M. A08 chevy 3/4 with everything i wanted.got a good deal on my trade and it pulls really good,it is a 6.0 liter,I used the computer in the truck to tell me the mileage when i was at the s&m campout,the truck told me i was at 12 mpg.with the trailer and quad on ,so thats pretty good i think.it has only 1000k on it so it should improve in a bit.

Top Bottom