2008 ford f350 diesel engine service - fyi

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So any major engine servicing requires removal of the truck body on 2008 ford f350 diesel engines...... We probably could have removed the engine without, but there is only 8 body bolts holding the cab and body on. We are replacing the engine ass'y because the engine was "dusted" and the truck only has about 15000 kms -- no warranty. Enjoy the pics:

Attachments

• FORD DIESEL 1.jpg
    FORD DIESEL 1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 253
  • FORD DIESEL 2.jpg
    FORD DIESEL 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 254
  • FORD DIESEL 3.jpg
    FORD DIESEL 3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 259

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probally a littel more work than 8 bolts ( steering shaft, heater and AC lines , electical harness (s) , brake lines to power assist, cooler hoses etc) it sure looks cool and am sure it makes the engine work a snap. Please keep us posted.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because a diesel breathes an order of magnitude more air than a gasser, it is very sensitive to particulate material in the air and requires a good air filtration system to flow the high CFM necessary for the engine to breath and yet filter out the particulates. Dirt/dust in the air can get past the filter or in the case of the PSD leak through filter box lid incorrectly installed or through a cracked intake hose. The dirt/dust that gets past can lead to abrasion of the cylinder walls and loss of compression.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So due to no Warranty I assume this was owner error. And by the looks of the motor I can see how it got the dirt/dust sucked in.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to pull the cab on all the 6.0l powerstrokes as well just to do a head gasket even

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you have to pull the cab on all the 6.0l powerstrokes as well just to do a head gasket even

nope....... Did my head gaskets at home in my garage(cab on the truck - '04 f350 6.0l pstd)...... Took about 2 days, and was very tight quarters, let me tell ya. My shop was too busy to put my own truck in, and i was on holidays, so did the gaskets then took off on holidays pulling the big trailer through the nw usa

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you were running a crappy air filter? Loose fitting? Presumably it was aftermarket ?

That's scary for a guy who doesn't have access to a hoist etc.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Well whoever's truck it is, what caused the "dusting" in this case?

I THINK DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEES "SWAMPED" THE TRUCK.......UNDERSIDE HAD 6"+ OF TARSANDS FROM FRONT TO BACK, BUT I REALIZE THERE SEEMS TO BE A WATERLINE/MUDLINE IN THE DOOR JAMBS AND THE RUBBER FLOOR MATS HAVE MUD EVERYWHERE..... NORMALLY MUDDY BOOTS WON'T GET ALL THE WAY UP TO THE TOP OF THE MAT AT THE FRONT OR UNDER THE SEATS AND ONTOP OF THE TRANSMISSION HUMP/TUNNEL......:confused:

Top Bottom