2008 Ford F250 Bully Dog or??

Nuckin Futz

Reaction score
I have an 08 F350 with a Bully Dog PMT. I pull a 40' horse trailer in the summer and stock got 6-7 mpg before the B.D. Now up to 14-16 MPG depending on how late i am. Other wise stock.
Just information to consider.

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Duramax 2500HD crew...sent out ECM for permanent MPG/65HP increase program flashed in. Removed muffler and installed MBRP tailpipe...DPF still in place and functioning. I went from an average of 18.6liters/100km(15.1mpg Can) to 10.5 liters/100km(26.8mpg can) running empty at 110km/h over a 1500km trip. Amazing.
Pulling a 14,000# load of square hay bales for the wife i got 16.5 liters/100km (17.1 mpg can) at 100km/h on cruise. Amazing.
Keep researching on the 2008 Ford...there is hope out there with the right contacts.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
06 F350 Bully Tripple Dog and Air intake and straight 4" to the back and get great hp and about 15.16.8 mpg I keep trying for better....Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitly no back up to the mileage claims, 24 to 26 may be more realistic claim, as you usually make stuff sound better for sales. Right now on my 08 SD diesel I get an average of 19-20 on the highway taking it easy, only the patch demands a little more timeliness.
At $1.25/ litre every little bit helps.

.08rider

Reaction score
I am suprised that no one has mentioned BANKS at all, that who I would be going with.
They have some of the best products on the market, and they do the most product testing of anyone!
And they also have the world record for the fastest deisel truck, that says something too.
Just my two cents

I am with you Banks is the best out there! In my 05' 6.0L, six gun with the speed loader and exhaust it would smoke all four of my open country 35". On my 08 I added the banks air kit and duals and it helped a little. When I ordered right from Banks they said the six gun testing was done but they are having a problem with a vendor suppling the connectors for the chip, it is a 92 pin connector, it will be out soon!! They do the most testing and their tranny shift changes make all the difference pulling heavy on the hiway, anyone with 6.0L would not be dissapointed. My .08

fmx

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice...looking at improving the mileage on a 2008 with a Bully Dog or similar attachment. Any suggestions and maybe even suggestions of who I could talk to or take the truck to...

I have the same truck as yours, I spent some time at a diesel place here in town today and they (along with others) are telling me to wait a few more months for Banks to get there new programer out. They also said that unless you get a dpf delete system you will not be able to do any better with MPG'S. Aparently the new trucks are getting 26-28 MPG's with the DPF delete. Kinda makes you want to reconsider caring about your warranty. The dodge and chevy boy's are having the same problems with there MPG on there new trucks aswell... It is a total contradiction......lets make the new diesels cleaner burning but make them burn more diesel that we have to suck out of the ground..... YA HOOOO THANKS TREE HUGGERS!!

Top Bottom